Choose the ELA program for you!

Intensive English Program
… is for anybody interested in improving their English.
English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Courses
… are for U.S residents and international students whose 1st languages are not English who have been admitted the following admission types: foundation admission for undergraduates, dual admission for graduates, and full admission as an undergraduate or a graduate into UWM.
… is for international teaching assistants and graduate students.

From the Higher Learning Commission: “University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission at the Certificate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Specialist’s, and Doctor’s degree-granting levels and has been accredited since 1969. Accreditation of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee includes all courses offered by the institution at its campus and all other instructional facilities, including its English as a Second Language (ESL) Program…”