Person holding passport

UWM University Housing rooms are furnished but do not include basic necessities like bed linens and cookware. Most off-campus apartments will not be furnished.  You should begin thinking about what you will need to bring with you from your home country and what you will purchase when you arrive in Milwaukee.

Items you need to bring:

  • I-20 (or DS-2019)
  • Passport with Student Visa
  • Final transcripts, if you have been admitted on the condition that you provide final transcripts
  • Proof of I-901 fee payment

Items to pack:

  • Clothing for warm and cold weather
  • Credit card
  • Computer
  • Medical records for existing illnesses (especially allergies) and immunization record
  • Prescription medicines, as required
  • Extra pair of contact lenses and/or glasses
  • The device with your registered Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) app

Items you can purchase after you arrive in Milwaukee:

  • Pillow, sheets, blankets, towels, and washcloths
  • Bedspread or comforter
  • School Supplies 
  • Non-prescription medicines, aspirin, vitamins, antacids, ointments
  • Small refrigerator
  • Laundry basket or sack
  • Power strip (must be bought in the U.S.)
  • Desk lamp (must have metal shade if you are living in the residence halls or Kenilworth Square Apartments)
  • Cooking/kitchen supplies