Emerging Leaders Certificate
In the highly competitive business world, human capital is one of the most important assets any manager can have. Developing your capacity to effectively lead your staff, team or organization can establish you as a skilled leader. Investing in leadership
development can help to establish your place as a leader within your organization or industry.
The Emerging Leaders Certificate program is for talented professionals who are new to management (2-5 years). Curriculum enables participants to develop and strengthen their leadership skills. The Emerging Leaders program introduces and reinforces the five key principles of leadership: Self-Knowledge, Valuing Others, Integrity, Personal Accountability and Change Management.
Earn your Emerging Leader Certificate from Wisconsin’s premier public, urban university. Increase your skills, earning potential and value in the workplace. Professional instructors with real-world experience provide up-to-date knowledge in small group sessions.
Who Should Attend
Professionals new to management (five years or less) and those aspiring to take on management or leadership positions.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Define and set personal management values and goals
- Develop coaching models that support growth of staff
- Develop skills to be come an active listener
- Understand how to manage in difficult situations
- Gain skills and an understanding emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Develop supervisory skills that allow for clear communication, productive feedback, conflict management, delegation and team building
- Understand financial statements and use financial information for better decision making
- Learn how to manage change both upwardly and laterally
Oerlikon Supervisors - UWM-SCE Emerging Leaders Certificate
Earn the certificate by completing 5 core courses and 2 elective courses within 3 years.
Tue.-Wed., Oct. 11-12
Wed.-Thu., Mar. 15-16, 2017
Thu.-Fri., Oct. 20-21
Wed.-Thu., May 10-11, 2017
Thu.-Fri., Dec. 8-9
Tue.-Wed., June 6-7, 2017
Tue.-Wed., Nov. 8-9
Thu.-Fri., Apr. 20-21, 2017
Wed., Feb. 1, 2017
Earn the certificate by completing 5 core courses and 2 electives within 3 years.
Thu.-Fri., Oct. 13-14
Thu.-Fri., Mar. 2-3, 2017
Wed.-Thu., Dec. 14-15
Thu.-Fri., June 22-23, 2017
Thu.-Fri., Sept. 29-30
Wed.-Thu., Nov. 16-17
Tue., Nov. 15
Tue., May 16, 2017
Tue., Feb. 14, 2017
Tue., Nov. 1
Fri., Mar. 31, 2017