Emerging Leaders Certificate
The Emerging Leaders Certificate is for professionals who are new to management/leadership roles with less than five years of experience or those who have not had formal training in this area. Develop your capacity to effectively lead your staff, team or organization and establish yourself as a skilled leader. The curriculum focuses on developing and strengthening leadership skills, introducing and reinforcing key leadership topics including essential leadership skills, coaching and mentoring, managing change, improving team functionality and building interpersonal skills.
Earn your Emerging Leader Certificate from UWM from Wisconsin’s premier public, urban university. Increase your skills, earning potential and value in the workplace.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who are new to management leadership roles with less than five years experience or those who have not had formal training in this area.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Define and set personal management values and goals
- Develop coaching models that support growth of staff
- Critical thinking and decision making in the leadership role
- Gain skills and an understanding of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Effectively lead teams to enhance communication and productivity
- Understand financial statements and use financial information for better decision making
- Learn how to manage change both upwardly and laterally and create communication plans for that change
Earn the certificate by completing 5 core courses and 2 elective courses within 3 years.
Tue.-Wed., May 1-2
Wed.-Thu., May 16-17
Thu.-Fri., Apr 12-13
Wed.-Thu., Feb 28-Mar 1
Earn the certificate by completing 5 core courses and 2 electives within 3 years.
Wed.-Thu., Apr 18-19
Tue.-Wed., Apr 24-25
Tue.-Wed., May 15-16
Wed., Mar 14