Emerging Leaders Certificate
The Emerging Leaders Certificate is for professionals who are new to management/leadership roles with less than five years of experience or those who have not had formal training in this area. Develop your capacity to effectively lead your staff, team or organization and establish yourself as a skilled leader. The curriculum focuses on developing and strengthening leadership skills, introducing and reinforcing key leadership topics including essential leadership skills, coaching and mentoring, managing change, improving team functionality and building interpersonal skills.
Earn your Emerging Leader Certificate from UWM from Wisconsin’s premier public, urban university. Increase your skills, earning potential and value in the workplace.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who are new to management leadership roles with less than five years experience or those who have not had formal training in this area.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Define and set personal management values and goals
- Develop coaching models that support growth of staff
- Critical thinking and decision making in the leadership role
- Gain skills and an understanding of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Effectively lead teams to enhance communication and productivity
- Understand financial statements and use financial information for better decision making
- Learn how to manage change both upwardly and laterally and create communication plans for that change
Earn the certificate by completing 5 core courses and 2 elective courses within 3 years.
Wed.-Thu., Nov 7-8
Wed.-Thu., Nov 28-29
Wed., Oct 31
Tue.-Wed., Oct 16-17
Earn the certificate by completing 5 core courses and 2 electives within 3 years.
Mon.-Tue., Nov 19-20
Thu.-Fri., Apr 4-5, 2019
Thu.-Fri., Nov 15-16
Mon.-Tue., Oct 8-9
Mon.-Tue., Mar 25-26, 2019
Fri., Oct 5
Thu., Dec 13