Emerging Leaders Certificate
In this highly competitive business world, human capital is one of the most important assets any manager can have. Developing your capacity to effectively lead your staff, team or organization can establish you as a skilled leader. Investing in leadership development can help to establish your place as a leader within your organization or industry.
The Emerging Leaders Certificate program is for talented professionals that are new to management (2-5 years.) Curriculum enables participants to develop and strengthen their leadership skills, putting participants on the path to a strong career in management. The Emerging Leaders program introduces and reinforces the five key principles of leadership: Self-Knowledge, Valuing Others, Integrity, Personal Accountability and Change Management.
Earn your Emerging Leader Certificate from Wisconsin’s premier public, urban university. Increase your skills, earning potential and value in the workplace. Professional instructors with real-world experience provide up-to-date knowledge in small group sessions.
This certificate can be customized based on your skill level to meet your specific needs.
Courses may be taken individually or towards a certificate.
Who Should Attend
Professionals new to management (five years or less) and those aspiring to take on management or leadership positions.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Define and set personal management values and goals
- Develop coaching models that support growth of staff
- Develop skills to be come an active listener
- Understand how to manage in difficult situations
- Gain skills and an understanding emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Develop supervisory skills that allow for clear communication, productive feedback, conflict management, delegation and team building
- Understand financial statements and use financial information for better decision making
- Learn how to manage change both upwardly and laterally
Oerlikon Supervisors - UWM-SCE Emerging Leaders Certificate
Earn the certificate by completing 5 core courses and 2 elective courses within 3 years.
Tue.-Wed., Oct. 11-12
Thu.-Fri., Oct. 20-21
Thu.-Fri., Dec. 8-9
Tue.-Wed., Nov. 8-9
Thu., Sept. 15
Earn the certificate by completing 5 core courses and 2 electives within 3 years.
Thu.-Fri., Oct. 13-14
Thu.-Fri., Mar. 2-3, 2017
Wed.-Thu., Dec. 14-15
Thu.-Fri., Sept. 29-30
Wed.-Thu., Nov. 16-17
Tue., Nov. 15
Wed., Sept. 21
Tue., Nov. 1