Emerging Leaders Certificate
Developing your capacity to lead your staff, team or organization can make you a skilled leader – as human capital is one of the most important assets you have. Leadership development can help to establish your place within your organization or industry.
The Emerging Leaders Certificate program is for talented professionals who are new to management (two to five years). Curriculum enables participants to develop and strengthen their leadership skills. The Emerging Leaders program introduces and reinforces the five key principles of leadership: Self-knowledge, valuing others, integrity, personal accountability and change management.
Earn your Emerging Leader Certificate from UWM – Wisconsin’s premier public, urban university. Increase your potential and value in the workplace. Instructors with real-world experience provide up-to-date knowledge in small group sessions.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who are new to management (five years or less) and those aspiring to take on management or leadership positions.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Define and set personal management values and goals
- Develop coaching models that support growth of staff
- Develop skills to be an active listener
- Understand how to manage in difficult situations
- Gain skills and an understanding of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Develop supervisory skills that allow for clear communication, productive feedback, conflict management, delegation and team building
- Understand financial statements and use financial information for better decision making
- Learn how to manage change both upwardly and laterally
Oerlikon Supervisors - UWM-SCE Emerging Leaders Certificate
Earn the certificate by completing 5 core courses and 2 elective courses within 3 years.
Wed.-Thu., Mar. 8-9
Wed.-Thu., May 10-11
Tue.-Wed., June 6-7
Thu.-Fri., Apr. 20-21
Wed., Feb. 1
Earn the certificate by completing 5 core courses and 2 electives within 3 years.
Thu.-Fri., Mar. 2-3
Thu.-Fri., June 22-23
Thu.-Fri., Mar. 23-24
Mon.-Tue., May 15-16
Tue., May 16
Tue., Feb. 14
Fri., Mar. 31