Full payment is due the first day of class. ELA charges a monthly fee of $25 for unpaid balances. UWM also assesses a 1% charge for all late payments.
- Financial Obligation
- Cancellation and Withdrawal Policy
- Change in Enrollment Period After Session Has Begun
- How to Make a Payment
A student who enrolls in IEP classes is making a financial commitment to UWM for full payment of tuition and fees for the entire period for which the student is registered. Each enrolled student has an online UWM PAWS account where financial information and due dates are recorded. The student (not the sponsor) is responsible for payment of all charges on the student’s UWM PAWS account. If you do not make the required payments by the due dates (the first day of classes), you will be removed from class until payment is made. If you have any questions, please see Jody, ELA Financial Specialist, in Curtain 684 or email email@example.com.
Cancellation and Withdrawal
- Exit Form must be completed.
- There is no refund of the initial application fee of $160.
- Tuition refund of 100% if cancellation notice is received BEFORE the first day of class.
- A percentage of tuition refund is given for a cancellation notice submitted after classes have started. A withdrawal fee will be charged.
- If you begin full-time academic study at UWM, 100% of tuition payment is refunded. (This does not mean you would be refunded for previous semesters of instruction. This only applies if you are moved to full-time academic study immediately after enrolling in IEP classes and pay for tuition. You would be refunded for tuition payments if you change status in that same term).
- If you transfer out before beginning classes or if you leave before completing a semester, you must pay a $300.
- The $300 exit fee will be charged on PAWS account.
Fall and Spring Semester Refund Policy**
|Week 1||100% Tuition Refund
$100 Late Withdraw Fee (Student responsible to pay $100)
|Week 2||100% Tuition Refund
$200 Late Withdraw Fee (Student responsible to pay $200)
|Week 3 through Week 4||50% Tuition Refund (Student owes half of all tuition and fees)
No Withdraw Fee
|Week 5 and after||0% Tuition Refund (Student owes ALL tuition and fees)
No Withdraw Fee
*Please note: any unpaid fees will be charged a monthly 1% late fee from the University
**Summer tuition is due on the first day of class, there will be No Refund given if a student drops after this day.
Change in Enrollment Period After Session Has Begun
- Notice of change must be made in writing in the ELA Office, Curtin 672.
- You must meet with the Student Services Coordinator concerning possible change in immigration status.
- Please visit the registrar’s add/drop calendar for information about tuition and fee responsibilities.
How to Make a Payment
For paying tuition in person, through online payments, and wire transfers, please check the Bursar’s Office Website for instructions.
If you have questions navigating the Bursar’s website, contact the ELA office.
ePayment by Credit Card (registration fee only)
Only new students who have completed the online application may pay the application fee by ePayment. The application fee is non-refundable. Only Visa and Mastercard are accepted. Go to ELA ePayment Application.
Doing Business As
- UWM – English Language Academy
- Customer Service Number
We respect your privacy. Any and all the information collected on this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, disclosed, or loaned. Any information you provide will be held with the utmost care and will not be used in ways that you have not consented to. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or e-mail us.