UW–Milwaukee Housing

ELA students are welcome to stay on campus in university housing. Preference is given to students who stay for longer periods, such as one semester or a full academic year. A variety of rooms and meal plans are available.

Sandburg Residence Hall is near the center of the UW-Milwaukee Campus. Cambridge Commons, RiverView Residence Hall, and Kenilworth Square Apartments are accessible to campus with the UWM Prowl Line Shuttle. Kenilworth Square Apartments have restrictions on eligibility. Students should contact University Housing for more information.

Students should request housing as far in advance as possible to reserve space. UWM housing for the Fall Semester fills up early. Short-term stays may also be possible.

Any ELA student interested in UWM Housing should contact the University Housing office after submitting an application. University Housing will send the student a housing contract and additional information.

Housing at UWM


Off-campus Resource Center

Students interested in living in the UWM area (but not in University Housing) can find more options through the Off-Campus Resource Center. They help students find safe and affordable housing off-campus.

Off-Campus Resource Center is here to help you:

  • Be confident in your independent search for off-campus housing
  • Understand the rental search process along with tenant rights and responsibilities
  • Find available rental properties, roommate(s), and subleases and answer any questions you may have about renting in the surrounding communities.
  • Confidently communicate with your landlord
  • Get connected with intentional resources

Additional resources for international students.

* Please note, UWM does not own or manage any off-campus houses or apartments and Off-Campus Resource Center does not make housing assignments.

Living off-campus