Sports hero Pelé passed away last month at age 82. Today we offer resources on telling Pelé’s story as well as sports in Latin America. TeachingBooks has 82 resources including 4 videos, 4 book readings, and 27 lesson plans to support six books on Pelé (grades 1-8). Films on the icon include Netflix’s documentary “Pelé” (TV-14) and feature film “Pelé: Birth of a Legend”, available on Tubi and Pluto Tv.
Relevant papers and articles available online include:
- “The Institutional Configuration of Sport Policy in Brazil: Organization, Evolution and Dilemmas”
- “Sport and Development in Brazil: Lessons from Multiple Sport Mega-Event Hosting and Sporting Programmes in Disadvantaged Communities”
- “The Poor “Wealth” of Brazilian Football: How Poverty May Shape Skill and Expertise of Players”
- “Brazil: Football, Violence Prevention and Support for Young People”
- “In Brazil, Female Warriors Fight for a Level Playing Field”
Relevant books for purchase: