Certificates of Coverage Provided by the University

A Certificate of Coverage (or Certificate of Insurance) can be issued from Risk Management when a third party organization requires proof of insurance for your event or activity.


Obtain the following information from the person requesting the certificate of coverage and provide to the Risk Management Office at riskmgt@uwm.edu or call (414) 229-6339:

  1. Name and address of requester.
  2. Kind of coverage needed (i.e. General Liability, Auto Liability, Worker’s Compensation, Professional, or specialty).
  3. Description of who and what the coverage will apply to in detail (i.e., activity, department, and person’s name).
  4. Effective dates of coverage of up to three years for an ongoing situation, but only give the exact dates for events which are short term or one time only.