Fellowships are available to undergraduate students who are involved in research at UWM. Links to sites describing these funding opportunities are provided below. If you believe that one of these is a good fit, it is recommended that you speak with your faculty research mentor about the award and the application process.
- UWM UR@UWM Summer Research for Incoming Students: https://uwm.edu/our/programs/uruwm/
- UWM McNair Scholars Program: https://uwm.edu/diversity-equity-inclusion/programs-services/mcnair/
- UWM Support for Undergraduate Research Fellows (SURF): https://uwm.edu/our/programs/support-for-undergraduate-research-fellows-surf/
- UWM Senior Excellence in Research Awards (SERA): https://uwm.edu/our/programs/sera/
Research-based fellowships, including those listed below, are also available from scientific organizations and federal funding agencies. Again, it is a good idea to speak with your faculty research mentor about these awards if you’d like to apply.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) Undergraduate Training Grants: https://www.drugabuse.gov/research/research-training-career-development/training-career-development-fellowships-grants/high-school-undergraduates
- Maternal and Child Health Pipeline Program: https://uwm.edu/healthsciences/maternal-child-health/