The Psychology Department Diversity Committee is a forum for the exchange and development of ideas and actions to support Psychology Department’s promotion of diversity and fostering of an inclusive, equitable, anti-racist, anti-discriminatory, and welcoming environment. The committee is comprised of graduate students, staff, and faculty in the Department of Psychology. Our work is grounded in the values of Community, Education, Ethics, and Improvement & Growth.
The Diversity Committee of the Department of Psychology has the following four current main aims through the activities of the committee and its workgroups:
- Amplify the voices, perspectives, and experiences, and support the wellbeing of individuals of intersectional marginalized and/or minoritized identities
- Facilitate personal growth in cultural humility, awareness, self-reflection, and cultural sensitivity of undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff through organized colloquiums, workshops, informal discussion, individual reflection, and trainings
- Foster diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout mentorship, teaching, and research
- Cultivate an inclusive, caring, and collaborative departmental environment that
- develops and provides inclusive resources to help students, faculty, and staff thrive and achieve their goals
- supports the welfare of, recruitment and retention of a diverse body of students, faculty and staff
This statement will be reviewed and updated in the Fall of each year, with input from students, faculty, and staff.
2021-22 Membership: https://uwm.edu/psychology/wp-content/uploads/sites/64/2021/11/PDDC-Representatives-21-22.pdf
2020-21 Membership: https://uwm.edu/psychology/our-commitment-to-diversity/committee-members-in-academic-year-2020-21/
To read more about our values, including links to resources to deepen understanding, please click here: https://uwm.edu/psychology/our-commitment-to-diversity/values-glossary/