PhD, University of California, Los Angeles (Political Science)
MA, University of California, Los Angeles (Economics)
BA, University of California, Berkeley
- Global 101 – People and Politics
- PolSci 314 – Chinese Politics and Foreign Policy
- PolSci 330 – The Politics of International Economic Relations
- PolSci 337 – International Organization and the United Nations
- PolSci 371 – Nationalism and Ethnic Conflict
- PolSci 500 – Capstone Course in Political Science
- PolSci 702 – Advanced Techniques of Political Science Research
- PolSci 818 – International Political Economy
- PolSci 962 – Ethnic Conflict
United Nations Summer Seminar
Political science majors can also participate in the United Nations Summer Seminar. This is a yearly five-week program in New York City held each June. See the UN Program Brochure below. For the 2019 Program, see the information flier and the contact information inside.
Prof. Horowitz’s research focuses on international and ethnic conflict, with an emphasis on East and South Asia and on the post-communist world; on the politics of international trade and finance; and on the politics of market transition and institutional change in the post-communist countries and East Asia. He has taught for a year at Central European University in Budapest, Hungary, and has done research in many countries of Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, in India, and in China, Taiwan, and Korea.