The Department begins reviewing applications on December 15th, and will continue to review and accept applicants throughout the year, until August.
Applicants who want to be considered for teaching assistantships or fellowships should have their materials to the Department by December 15th. Decisions about funding will be made in early Spring.
The Department of Political Science asks applicants to submit the following:
- Complete Graduate Application Form
- GRE scores (waived for 2021 applicants)
- Three letters of recommendation from persons who can authoritatively comment on your academic abilities.
- Transcripts from all graduate and/or undergraduate institutions attended.
- Statement of your research interests and how UWM’s Political Science Department will help you meet your career and educational goals.
- Writing sample.
The Department seeks applicants with a history of strong academic achievement, clear research interests, and potential for excellence at the graduate level.