- MFA, George Mason University
- MA, Georgetown University
- BA, Yale University
Areas of Research and Teaching
- Fiction Writing
- Creative Nonfiction
- Creative Writing Pedagogy
- Community-Based Literature Program
Other Relevant Activities
- Founder and Director, Eat Local::Read Local; Literary Circular, and Poetry Everywhere
- Advisor, cream city review
- Captain, #1 Run-Ons
- Past Chair, English
- Past Coordinator, Creative Writing
- When in Rome, a novel. Penguin Random House/Dutton. 2023.
- Callanan, Liam R. ““Gravity of the Invisible: Absent Characters and the Physics of Fiction.”” The Writer’s Chronicle 54.1 (2021).
- Callanan, Liam R. Il Manoscritto Incompiuto. [Italian Translation of Paris by the Book.] Milan: Editrice Nord. 2019.
- Callanan, Liam R. 塞纳河边的旧书店. [Simplified Chinese edition of Paris by the Book.] Beijing: CITIC. 2019.
- Callanan, Liam R. Ich erfinde dir Paris. (German edition, Paris by the Book.) Hamburg: Atlantik Verlag. 2018.
- Callanan, Liam R. “The Final Flight of Albert Lamorisse” Slate (2018).
- Callanan, Liam R. The Boy, He Will Be Fine New York, NY: ReadItForward.com. 2018.
- Callanan, Liam R. Paris by the Book Ed. Ziv, Maya. New York, NY: Penguin-Random House/Dutton. 2018.
- Callanan, Liam R. Listen and Other Stories New York, NY: Four Way Books. 2015.
Liam has regularly contributed to local and national public radio and has written for Commonweal, Esquire.com (on swimming and flying), Slate, the New York Times Book Review, the Times' op-ed page, the Washington Post Magazine, Forbes FYI, Good Housekeeping, Parents and a number of other publications in locations ranging from Canada to Brazil.
His short fiction has appeared in a variety of literary journals, including the Writers' Chronicle, Blackbird, Crab Orchard Review, Southern Indiana Review, Caketrain, failbetter and Phoebe.
Liam is also the creator and co-executive producer of the Poetry Everywhere animated film series.