Most foreign national employees at UWM are sponsored for H-1B and J-1 status. In some cases, however, other visas are either more appropriate or the best option for individual circumstances.

The following employment-based visas are in use at UWM and may be possible for your employee:

All of these visas require visa sponsorship, involve U.S. government agencies, and have specific eligibility criteria, restrictions, durations, processes, timelines, and fees.

Please contact Brooke Thomas ( for guidance on your employee’s individual case.