The staff at the Center for International Education believe that studying abroad can offer students a more academically enriching experience, prepare them to be global leaders and help them excel in a competitive international workforce.
We know that faculty members are an essential component to the success of study abroad programs, whether it is advising students on incorporating study abroad into their academic plan or faculty members leading a well-balanced study abroad program.
CIE welcomes faculty members that are interested in running a study abroad program during the UWinteriM and Summer terms. Here you will find valuable information on:
- How to develop a faculty-led program
- How to submit a program proposal
- Marketing your study abroad program
- Leading a program abroad and what to do after
At CIE we strive to provide access to as many important resources to help promote well-rounded and academically enriching study abroad programs.
Use the links below to quickly browse the supplemental inormation that can be useful for those looking to start a program or those looking for more information supplement their programs.
- Faculty Handbook (PDF)
- Program Development Timeline (PDF)
- Forum on Education Abroad: Standards of Good Practices (PDF)
- Forum on Education Abroad: Leading a Short-Term Program Abroad (PDF)
Center for International Education – Study Abroad
2441 East Hartford Avenue
Garland Hall 138
Milwaukee, WI 53211