The application process is now open for the Helen A. Berry Memorial Scholarship valued at up to $21,000. This scholarship is for a student who completes an internship in Washington D.C. through The Washington Center (https://twc.edu/programs/academic-internship-program) in either Summer 2022 or Fall 2022. Students graduating in December 2021 or May 2022 are not eligible. Please see The Washington Center website for more details about the components of this program which include a full-time placement in an internship in either a government, nonprofit or corporate entity; a course taught by a local DC professional; and professional development activities. Shared apartment-style housing is included as part of the program.
Qualified students will:
- Be a junior or senior during the time of the internship
- Have a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Have demonstrated financial need as shown on the FAFSA
- Have completed at least 2 semesters of coursework at UWM prior to the start of the internship
All applications are completed through the UWM Scholarship Portal. Access the UWM scholarship portal at: https://uwm.academicworks.com/.
- Fill out your general scholarship application (or update it with more current info if you previously filled it out)
- Complete the application for the Helen A. Berry Memorial Scholarship at https://uwm.academicworks.com/opportunities/10968. You will need to upload a copy of your UWM transcript and provide information about why you want to complete The Washington Center program.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is January 5, 2022. If chosen for the scholarship, students will then need to apply and be accepted to The Washington Center by February 16 for their summer term or April 6 for their fall term. See flyer for more details. Technical problems with the application process can be directed to email@example.com.