HBI periodically convenes “Forums on the Nonprofit Sector” to promote greater understanding of national issues that affect the nonprofit sector. The Forums encourage dialogue among diverse stakeholders on important nonprofit issues, leading toward greater understanding and more productive partnerships to address community challenges. Opportunities to engage in forums are advertised through the Nonprofit Portal or through direct invitation from HBI.
Upcoming forums …
- A Benefits Approach to Nonprofit Finance - Nonprofit and social organizations are constantly seeking to develop an efficient, yet sustainable income portfolio that supports both their mission and the good work they undertake.
- June 6, 2016: The Cost of Doing Business: The Nonprofit Starvation Cycle & the Fixation on Overhead Cost Reduction (with Elizabeth Searing)
- May 24, 2012: The Costs of Doing Business: The Challenges of Nonprofit Overhead: too much or too little? Who Decides?(with Mark A. Hager)
- October 18, 2011: The Cost of Doing Business: Investing Wisely in Nonprofit Fundraising (with Richard Steinberg)
- October 11, 2011: Strategies Toward Success: Achieving Racial Diversity Among Nonprofit Staff Leadership
- October 21, 2010: Involving Volunteers: Making the Investment, Reaping the Returns (with Jeffrey Brudney)
- June 8, 2010: Nonprofits and Property Tax Exemption
- March 12, 2010: Nonprofits and Government Funding: Opportunities, Challenges, Trends and Trade-offs (with Steven Rathgeb Smith)
- February 3, 2010: Giving USA: A Tool for Nonprofit Resource Development (with Melissa Brown)
- December 10, 2009: Fee Income and Pricing for Nonprofits: Expanding the Financial Base for Mission Achievement (with Dennis Young)
- March 2009: Collaboration and Barter: Benefits and Challenges for Nonprofits (with Renee Irvin)
- December 2008: Beyond the Bottom Line: Understanding and Promoting Nonprofit Financial Sustainability (with Woods Bowman)
- September 2008: The Role of Individual Giving in Sustaining Nonprofits (with Patrick Rooney)
- July 2008: Leadership Diversity: How Does Milwaukee’s Nonprofit Sector Rate?
- December 2007: Financing Nonprofits: Putting Theory Into Practice (with Dennis Young and Kevin Kearns)
For further information, email email@example.com or call (414) 229-2813.