HBI periodically convenes “Forums on the Nonprofit Sector” to promote a greater understanding of national issues that affect the nonprofit sector. The Forums encourage dialogue among diverse stakeholders on important nonprofit issues, leading toward greater understanding and more productive partnerships to address community challenges. Opportunities to engage in forums are advertised through the Nonprofit Portal or through a direct invitation from HBI.
Upcoming forums …
- HBI Launches Nonprofit Skills Academy - In the fall of 2020, HBI joined into a training partnership with Candid.org, home to GuideStar, the Foundation Center, and former GrantSpace (now Candid Learning). As a new member of the Funding Information Network, HBI & UWM have the combined... Read More
- Lunch Hour with HBI - Nonprofit life can be challenging for even the most experienced among us. So, whether you’re an experienced leader, part of nonprofit staff, or just interested in the Wisconsin nonprofit sector, the Helen Bader Institute for Nonprofit Management at the University... Read More
- HBI Community Forum – Nonprofit Revenue Portfolios: What Should My Revenues Be? - Nonprofit Revenue Portfolios: What Should My Revenues Be? Nonprofits are often told to become less dependent on government revenue or start a social enterprise in order to increase their income. But what type of revenue should your nonprofit be earning?... Read More
- June 6, 2016: The Cost of Doing Business: The Nonprofit Starvation Cycle & the Fixation on Overhead Cost Reduction (with Elizabeth Searing)
- May 24, 2012: The Costs of Doing Business: The Challenges of Nonprofit Overhead: too much or too little? Who Decides?(with Mark A. Hager)
- October 18, 2011: The Cost of Doing Business: Investing Wisely in Nonprofit Fundraising (with Richard Steinberg)
- October 11, 2011: Strategies Toward Success: Achieving Racial Diversity Among Nonprofit Staff Leadership
- October 21, 2010: Involving Volunteers: Making the Investment, Reaping the Returns (with Jeffrey Brudney)
- June 8, 2010: Nonprofits and Property Tax Exemption
- March 12, 2010: Nonprofits and Government Funding: Opportunities, Challenges, Trends and Trade-offs (with Steven Rathgeb Smith)
- February 3, 2010: Giving USA: A Tool for Nonprofit Resource Development (with Melissa Brown)
- December 10, 2009: Fee Income and Pricing for Nonprofits: Expanding the Financial Base for Mission Achievement (with Dennis Young)
- March 2009: Collaboration and Barter: Benefits and Challenges for Nonprofits (with Renee Irvin)
- December 2008: Beyond the Bottom Line: Understanding and Promoting Nonprofit Financial Sustainability (with Woods Bowman)
- September 2008: The Role of Individual Giving in Sustaining Nonprofits (with Patrick Rooney)
- July 2008: Leadership Diversity: How Does Milwaukee’s Nonprofit Sector Rate?
- December 2007: Financing Nonprofits: Putting Theory Into Practice (with Dennis Young and Kevin Kearns)
For further information, email email@example.com or call (414) 229-3176.