Nonprofit Management and Leadership Scholarship Fund
The Helen Bader Institute welcomes inquiries at any time regarding the availability of scholarships through its Nonprofit Management and Leadership Scholarship Fund.
To be eligible, student:
Must be enrolled (or have applied for admission) as a student in the Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management or the Master of Science in Nonprofit Management and Leadership degree program at UWM
- Demonstrate evidence of financial need; and/or
- Demonstrate exceptional merit or other evidence of outstanding potential for success as a nonprofit manager or leader. Scholarship awards vary in amount. For the 2018-19 academic year awards, a completed application must be submitted by August 15, 2018 for Fall 2018 and December 15, 2018 for Spring 2019. For more information, contact the Helen Bader Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional UWM Scholarship Resources:
UWM Scholarship Information: UWM offers several scholarship opportunities, ranging from University-Wide scholarships to School/College specific scholarships. Some may require an application. To keep on top of all the scholarship opportunities, be sure to keep checking the UWM Scholarship page.
Minnesota-Wisconsin Reciprocity Fee-Tuition: The Minnesota-Wisconsin Tuition Reciprocity agreement allows residents of Minnesota attending Wisconsin Institutions to receive a special rate. If you wish to take advantage of the Minnesota-Wisconsin Tuition Reciprocity Agreement, apply for certification as a Minnesota resident. Please note, Minnesota residents may not apply for MSEP.
Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP): Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP) is a multi-state tuition reciprocity program. Students who are legal residents of certain qualifying states and who meet all institution-specific eligibility criteria and deadlines may qualify for the MSEP tuition discount. To learn more about this program at UWM, please call the Department of Recruitment and Outreach at 414/229-2222.
Academic Opportunity Fellowships are designed to assist qualified full-time graduate students who are members of groups underrepresented in graduate study, or are otherwise disadvantaged, to complete a graduate degree at UWM. Application deadline: February 2, annually.
The Economic Development Fellows Program (ED) is a two-year fellowship opportunity that combines work in a government agency or community-based organization with graduate level study at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee. Individuals with an interest in economic development issues will find this program to be valuable in both practical and theoretical training.
Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program: If you are employed by a government or not-for-profit organization, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer..
Non-Resident Tuition Remission (NRTR)
The NRTR waiver grants out-of-state students the ability to pay in-state tuition rates. To find out more about this program, its restrictions, and how to apply, contact the Department Chair. Typically, applications for an NRTR are made only after an offer of admission.
Additional Planning Resources
- ¡Gradúate! Financial Aid Guide to Success
- Making College Affordable: Scholarships, Grants & Financial Aid for Minority Students
- Peterson’s Higher Education Guide
- Student Loan Guide
- Scholarships for Women
Southeastern Wisconsin Graduate Scholarships:
National Graduate Scholarships:
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- American Anthropology Association Minority Dissertation Fellowship
- American Assoc. of University Women
- American Geological Institute Minority Participation Program
- American Library Association Scholarship Program Spectrum Scholarships
- American Medical Association Foundation Underrepresented in Medicine
- American Physical Therapy Association
- American Planning Association – Division Scholarships and Fellowships
- American Planning Association – Judith McManus Price Scholarship
- American Psychological Association Funding for Students
- American Psychological Association Minority Fellowship Achievement Award
- American Society of Criminology Fellowship for Racial and Ethnic Diversity
- American Sociological Association Minority Fellowship Program
- Asian American Student Dental Association Scholarships
- Asian American Journalist Association
- Asian American Journalist Association William Woo Print and Online News Internship Grant
- Association of Schools of Public Health ASPH/CDC/PRC Minority Fellowship
- Cay Drachnik Minorities Fund
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Public Policy Fellowship Program
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Scholarship Awards
- Corris Boyd Scholars Program
- Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Postgraduate Scholarship for Careers in Athletics
- Ford Foundation Dissertation Awards
- Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowship
- Fredrikson & Byron Foundation Minority Scholarship Program
- Government Finance Officers Association Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship
- Hispanic Dental Association Colgate-Palmolive/HDA Foundation
- Hispanic Engineer National Achievement Awards Conference Scholars Program
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Indian Health Service Scholarships
- Music Scholarships
- NASP-ERT Minority Scholarship Program for Graduate Training in School Psychology
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists
- National Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science, Inc.
- REFORMA Scholarship Program
- Robert Toigo Foundation Fellowship
- Smithsonian Institution Latino Studies Fellowship Program
- The American Physiological Society Porter Physiology Fellowship Awards
- The American Political Science Association Minority Fellows Program
- The Carlos M. Castaneda Journalism Scholarship
- The Consortium MBA & Fellowship
- The Jorge Mas Canosa Freedom Foundation
- The Lagrant Foundation
- The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans
- The Salvadoran American Leadership and Educational Fund
- The Technical Minority Scholarship Program
- The Thurgood Marshall College Fund