In Wisconsin, the nonprofit sector employs over 290,000 jobs which translates to nearly 12% of the workforce. These organizations contribute nearly $46.5 billion annually to the economy through wages paid, retail and wholesale purchases, and professional service contracts. Understanding employment in the nonprofit sector is essential to prepare for what comes next for nonprofits and their communities.
Hiring and retaining great workers is one of the biggest challenges for nonprofits. , In 2021, The Helen Bader Institute (HBI) for Nonprofit Management at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee (UWM) surveyed nonprofits throughout Wisconsin to collect the latest data on wages and benefits. The Wisconsin Nonprofit Compensation & Benefits Report provides nonprofits with valuable compensation and benefits data to inform critical decisions. In collaboration with the Candid 2021 Nonprofit Compensation Report, this Wisconsin-focused study includes executive salaries by job category, budget size, and more.
The 2021 Wisconsin Nonprofit Compensation & Benefits Report features
- Data from organizations with budgets ranging from $250,000 to over $5 million
- Data from 19 service areas, including human services, education, healthcare, arts, culture, humanities, etc.
- Benefits data on medical, dental, vision, holidays and leave, retirement plans, life insurance, etc.
- Data on gender pay gap challenges and opportunities.
- Salary data for numerous positions, including CEO/Executive Director and top-level positions.
How much does the Report Cost?
The cost for the 2021 Digital Report is $99.00 for non-participants of the survey. The Survey is conducted every three years, and the Survey participants receive the Report for free. The next survey will be conducted in 2024.
Get your copy now
If you have questions about this publication or the Helen Bader Institute for Nonprofit Management, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.