UWM is a good value and an even better investment because we’re competitively priced and students qualify for special discount programs that bring your costs close to Wisconsin resident rates—and far below the price tags of private colleges.
UWM & Milwaukee
Milwaukee is one of the best-kept secrets in the Midwest, a vibrant city of unique neighborhoods on the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan, just 90 minutes north of Chicago. We think there’s something especially exciting about UWM with all the opportunities of city life fueling your work and play. It’s easy to build an eye-catching resume through internships and networking opportunities with major employers based right in our backyard. And when your college-to-career path needs to take a detour for down time, there’s no place like our hometown.
Life at UWM is a melting pot of ideas, cultures and perspectives. It’s thinking about what our 26,000+ UWM students need to succeed 24/7. Student services from course tutors and academic advisors, to fitness and health resources – we’ve got your needs in mind. We’ve also got nightlife, weekend programming and those in-between class times covered too. Our residence halls are more than a place to sleep and brush your teeth. They’re the hub of student life, a place where lifelong friendships are formed and memories are made. If your vision of a residence hall is door after door of tiny rooms sharing a single bathroom—standard at many other schools—be prepared to be pleasantly surprised. Our suite-style accommodations are set up more like apartments, where you’ll live with three to five other students.
The best way to experience UWM and all our hometown offers is to plan a visit, and we promise that it’s worth the trip. We offer student-led tours six days a week and other special visit programs throughout the year. Can’t make it in person? Look for UWM at some national college fairs too, including in Minneapolis, Chicago, and Milwaukee.
2018-2019 Estimated Annual Undergraduate Tuition
|Minnesota||Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio||Illinois||All other states
|Midwest Student Exchange Program||✔||✔|
|Milwaukee Advantage $1,000||✔|
Tuition Reduction Programs
- MAP will be offered at both Fall/Spring terms – Spring term admits will be eligible for $500.
- Must be enrolled full-time in order to be eligible. Falling below full-time status will result in cancellation of award.
- Must be an undergraduate student and maintain good academic standing.
The Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP) is a multi-state tuition reciprocity program that makes attending out-of-state colleges and universities more affordable for non-resident students. Through the MSEP, participating public institutions agree to charge students no more than 150% of the in-state resident tuition rate for specific programs; private institutions offer a 10% reduction on their tuition rates.
In other words, if you are a legal resident of Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio or Wisconsin and enroll at a participating institution in another MSEP state, you will receive a reduced tuition rate––giving you a wide range of education options for your education dollars. Effective Fall 2014, eligible students
- Must be admitted as a degree-seeking new freshman or degree-seeking new undergraduate transfer student.
- This includes degree-seeking undergraduate students admitted to online programs.
- Must enroll and remain enrolled in an academic program (full time and part time students are eligible).
- Second degree students, re-entry applicants, non-degree students, Flex degree students, and students admitted to a certificate program are not eligible.
Once admitted, in order to continue to be eligible for the MSEP rate the student must:
- Remain enrolled in a participating academic program (on campus or online)
- Students need to be enrolled consecutively (can’t stop out) and remain in good academic standing
- Complete degree in no more than five years
How do I apply for the MSEP tuition discount?
Students are automatically reviewed for eligibility for the Midwest Student Exchange Program tuition at the time of review for admission, so no additional application is needed. Students from participating MSEP states outside of WI will automatically be eligible for MSEP tuition provided they meet the criteria as stated above. Students will be notified via letter of their MSEP status, once they have been admitted to the University.
Contact us with questions!
Text or Call: 773-825-5872
Text or Call: 414-877-6098
All states other than Illinois
Text or Call: 414-877-6912