UWM is a good value and an even better investment because we’re competitively priced and students qualify for special discount programs that bring your costs close to Wisconsin resident rates—and far below the price tags of private colleges.
UWM & Milwaukee
Milwaukee is one of the best-kept secrets in the Midwest, a vibrant city of unique neighborhoods on the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan, just 90 minutes north of Chicago. We think there’s something especially exciting about UWM with all the opportunities of city life fueling your work and play. It’s easy to build an eye-catching resume through internships and networking opportunities with major employers based right in our backyard. And when your college-to-career path needs to take a detour for downtime, there’s no place like our hometown.
Life at UWM is a melting pot of ideas, cultures and perspectives. It’s thinking about what our 27,000+ UWM students need to succeed 24/7. Student services from course tutors and academic advisors, to fitness and health resources – we’ve got your needs in mind. We’ve also got nightlife, weekend programming and those in-between class times covered too. Our residence halls are more than a place to sleep and brush your teeth. They’re the hub of student life, a place where lifelong friendships are formed and memories are made. If your vision of a residence hall is door after door of tiny rooms sharing a single bathroom—standard at many other schools—be prepared to be pleasantly surprised. Our suite-style accommodations are set up more like apartments, where you’ll live with three to five other students.
The best way to experience UWM and all our hometown offers is to plan a visit, and we promise that it’s worth the trip. We offer student-led tours six days a week and other special visit programs throughout the year. Can’t make it in person? Look for UWM at some national college fairs too, including in Minneapolis, Chicago, and Milwaukee.
2020-2021 Estimated Annual Undergraduate Tuition (Bachelor’s Degree-Seeking, Milwaukee Campus)
|Minnesota||Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio||Illinois||All other states
|Midwest Student Exchange Program||✔||✔|
Milwaukee Advantage $1,000
(first bachelor’s degree students only, second-degree students are ineligible)
*Beginning with Fall 2021, Minnesota students are also eligible for the MAP award.
2020-2021 Estimated Annual Undergraduate Tuition (Associate Degree-Seeking, Branch Campuses).
|Minnesota||All other states
Tuition Reduction Programs
- MAP will be offered at both Fall/Spring terms – Spring term admits will be eligible for $500.
- Must be enrolled full-time in order to be eligible. Falling below full-time status will result in cancellation of award.
- Must be an undergraduate student seeking a bachelor’s degree and maintain good academic standing.* Minnesota students starting at UWM in Fall 2021 or a future semester are eligible for the $1,000 MAP award.
The Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP) is a multi-state tuition reciprocity program that makes attending out-of-state colleges and universities more affordable for non-resident students. Through the MSEP, participating public institutions agree to charge students no more than 150% of the in-state resident tuition rate for specific programs; private institutions offer a 10% reduction on their tuition rates.
In other words, if you are a legal resident of Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio or Wisconsin and enroll at a participating institution in another MSEP state, you will receive a reduced tuition rate––giving you a wide range of education options for your education dollars.
- Must be admitted as a degree-seeking new freshman or degree-seeking new undergraduate transfer student.
- This includes degree-seeking undergraduate students admitted to online programs.
- Must enroll and remain enrolled in an academic program (full-time and part-time students are eligible).
- Second-degree students, re-entry applicants, non-degree students, Flex degree students, and students admitted to a certificate program are not eligible.
- Beginning with Fall 2021, Minnesota students are also eligible for the MAP award, please see above for more information
Once admitted, in order to continue to be eligible for the MSEP rate the student must:
- Remain enrolled in a participating academic program (on-campus or online)
- Students need to be enrolled consecutively (can’t stop out) and remain in good academic standing
- Complete degree in no more than five years
How do I apply for the MSEP tuition discount?
Students are automatically reviewed for eligibility for the Midwest Student Exchange Program tuition at the time of review for admission, so no additional application is needed. Students from participating MSEP states outside of WI will automatically be eligible for MSEP tuition provided they meet the criteria as stated above. Students will be notified via letter of their MSEP status, once they have been admitted to the University.
Apply for certification at the Minnesota Office of Higher Education. Note: Beginning with Fall 2021, Minnesota students are also eligible for the MAP award, please see above for more information
Contact us with questions!
Text or Call: 414-877-6098
All states other than Illinois
Text or call: 414-877-6246