Wisconsin’s nonprofit sector plays a critical role in the health and vibrancy of Wisconsin communities. We know that many who work in the nonprofit sector do so for the love and passion of a specific cause. Along with the Institute for Nonprofit Management Studies at UW-Whitewater, the Helen Bader Institute (HBI) for Nonprofit Management at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee firmly believes that nonprofit employees should be appropriately compensated for the great work they do in making a positive difference in the lives of Wisconsin residents.
Information about employee compensation and benefits is one of the top requests we get at HBI. Based on these requests, we acknowledge that last year’s crises have made considerable impacts on nonprofits regarding compensation and benefits. In response to your needs, we are launching this survey to provide timely and relevant information – focused on nonprofits.
With that, our Wisconsin Nonprofit Compensation and Benefits Survey will be distributed May 3 – June 25, 2021, to nonprofits throughout Wisconsin. The subsequent report will provide nonprofits with valuable compensation and benefits data to inform their organizations and employees’ critical decisions. Nonprofits that participate in the forthcoming survey will receive a free copy of the report.
- Your organization’s employees are its greatest asset. How you compensate your most significant asset impacts your organization’s overall performance.
- This survey is key to evaluating your organization’s compensation and benefits strategy to help attract and retain the best talent.
- The Compensation & Benefits Survey Report is scheduled for release in Fall 2021.
help screen for duplicates.
determine whether or not your organization will receive a free copy of the subsequent report.
- Please provide the most current employment, salary, and benefits data, unless otherwise directed.
- Please ignore questions about positions your organization does not have.
- For the appropriate questions, please use numbers only and omit any symbols (e.g., $, %, etc.)
- This is an institutional survey. Each nonprofit organization should only respond ONCE. If you are NOT the organization’s executive director or a designated staff member (such as the CFO or HR director), please check with the executive director before entering any data to coordinate your nonprofit’s response.
- It is recommended to complete this survey on a desktop computer.
- Your responses are automatically saved to the computer you started working on. You can return later to complete the survey (if you use the same computer, same browser, and cookies are enabled).
Please budget 45 minutes to complete the survey, plus the time it takes for you to gather your organization’s salary and benefits data. You may choose to use the Compensation and benefit survey checklist to prepare your materials before beginning the survey. Additionally, we have provided the following resources for you to help during the survey.
- National taxonomy of exempt entities to help determine your organization’s appropriate IRS Activity Listing, if needed.
- Survey Job Descriptions Listing to help complete the Wage & Salary section of the survey.
- Wage conversation tables to help determine the appropriate wage calculations.
Questions? Contact Bryce Lord, Associate Director, HBI, at firstname.lastname@example.org.