Declaring a Major/Minor

If you are a current UWM student and wish to declare a major or minor, please contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies, Michael Aschenbrenner ( to make an appointment.

The Director of Undergraduate Studies will not only help you with the declaration of your major/minor, but also give you advice regarding requirements and other aspects of the art history program. The Director of Undergraduate Studies has online access to your academic records and in most cases can easily inform you as to where you currently stand in regard to fulfilling the major/minor requirements.

Note: For advice concerning college and university requirements and policies, please consult your college or school advisor. Likewise, if you are seeking advice or declaring a major or minor in another discipline, you must also consult the advisor in that discipline.

If you are an applicant to UWM or considering UWM for your education in Art History, please contact the College of Letters & Science at (414) 229-7711 or