By choosing to use Notetaking as an accommodation, students sign this e-form, agreeing to the following terms and expectations:
- Students are responsible for managing their notetaking services.
- Students may use notetaking technologies such as apps and smartpens that are freely available for their use through ARC.
- Students may secure their own notetaker.
- Student’s may request the instructor’s assistance to secure a notetaker.
- Student’s are responsible for informing their Access Specialist of any concerns about the delivery or quality of their notes.
- Having a notetaker does not take the place of attending class and that the notetaker may provide notes for occasional, unanticipated and disability related absences.
- Notes will not be provided for planned, chronic or non-disability related absences and that notetaking services may be suspended for excessive non-disability related absences.
- ARC may suspend notetaking services if the notes are not accessed in ARConnect.
Students using peer notetaking services also acknowledge that:
- Notetakers are generally students enrolled in the course who volunteer to share their notes.
- Notetakers are required to complete the notetaker orientation and receive a passing score on the notetaker quiz.
- Notetakers are expected to upload the notes to ARConnect at the end of each class period or within 24 hours of the completion of class.
By electronically signing the Notetaking e-form in ARConnect, students agree to comply with the above terms and expectations,