- Provide information regarding required textbooks four (4) weeks prior to the start of the semester or as soon after registering as possible.
- Attempt to acquire accessible formats of textbooks through Accessible Texbook Finder and Bookshare before requesting alternate formats from ARC.
- Provide proof of purchase or rental when requesting an alternate format from ARC.
- Immediately notify ARC if an alternate format is no longer needed.
Students with alternate formats accommodations acknowledge that:
- They may, on rare occasions, be asked to provide their textbook for scanning.
- All requests for alternate formats and proof of purchases or rentals must be submitted through ARConnect.
- They will receive notification through ARConnect when a requested alternate format is available.
- It is their responsibility to retrieve the alternate format through ARConnect.
- Alternate formats provided by ARC are for educational purposes consistent with their courses and will only be utilized by them.
Please order and/or provide accessible course materials. When this is not possible, provide early information on course reading materials and syllabus information with a schedule of readings, so materials can be converted to an alternate format for students with print disabilities.