UWM’s Accessibility Resource Center (ARC) is committed to providing education, awareness, and outreach to students, staff, faculty and all affiliated UWM community members. We offer an array of presentation topics, tabling events, programming and many other informational sessions open to the UWM community. We aim to provide these presentations to various groups on campus, simply complete the Request for Presentation form below.
If you are interested in having ARC present on campus, be sure to read the description of each presentation option and fill out all of the information necessary to help us best cater the presentation to your intended audience. You may also use this form to request ARC set up a resource table at your event.
Please allow a minimum of two weeks to best cater and plan a presentation specifically to your needs. Currently, we are only able to commit to offering presentations during normal business hours (8:00 AM – 4:00 PM) on weekdays but we will consider requests outside of regular business hours.
- Alternate Format: An overview of how alternate formats can provide equal access, how it is produced and provided, and how instructors can help.
- Assistive Technology: Information about assistive technologies available to UWM students, an overview of ARC supported note-taking options, and information about magnification and screen reading technologies.
- Captioned Media: An overview of how captioned media can provide equal access, how it is produced and provided, and how instructors can help.
- Custom: If you would like a presentation about a topic that is not listed above, please indicate what you would like to learn more about in the “presentation request” form. ARC will be in contact to specifically cater your presentation to your needs.
- Overview of ARC Services: A general overview of the ARC office including a review of student population demographics, common accommodations, and the process for students to register and receive accommodations. Specific discussion points may be added as appropriate or by request.
ARC staff members will set up a resource table at your event to answer questions about anything related to access and accommodations at UWM. Supplies such as office give-a-ways and brochures can be made available.
Submit A Request
Submit this form to request a presentation from UWM Accessibility Resource Center staff or ARC participation in an upcoming event. ARC requests 2 weeks advanced notice.