Influence Without Authority
Understand the working dynamics of your organization: the nature of power and influence, your own personal sources and style of influencing others, and how to leverage your power to get things done. The ability to exercise influence without authority is one of the most important skills an individual can master. In fact, accomplishing tasks and projects often requires it, even when you may not have the formal authority to mandate action.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Identify your natural influencing style
- Identify the needs of others to increase your effectiveness with them
- Gain insight into the five triggers that cause a threat response in others and how to avoid them
- Assess your own role in stalemates and how to gain momentum
- Identify unproductive thought processes and a model to change
- Gain positive psychology tools to identify unlikely allies
I. Positive Psychology Tools
a. Growth Mindset
b. Threat Triggers
II. Positive Power and Influence Model
a. Four Styles
b. Scenarios That Match Styles
III. Give and Take Models
a. Giving as a Future-Focused Model
b. Matching: Currencies and Potential Allies
IV. Road to Getting Stuck
a. Reacting Poorly
b. Changing Our Story
V. Preparing for a Conversation
a. Leritz’s No-Fault Formula
Program fee includes morning and afternoon refreshment networking breaks, lunches, instructional material, and discounted parking.
"I really enjoyed the exercises and the amount of time that we spent on them. That allowed us to really absorb the content and will help it stay with us. Julie was an amazing instructor. Such great energy that fueled the class forward! I’d love to learn more from her." — Sarah S., Davis & Kuelthau
Meet instructor Julie Henszey!
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.