The UWM Clinical Psychology program strongly believes in the scientist-practitioner model of training. To us, the scientist-practitioner is not a dual entity consisting of separate research and clinical repertoires. Rather, he or she is a professional psychologist who uses knowledge of research to guide practice and who is fully capable of conducting research in the context of practice (or independent of practice).
The UWM Clinical Psychology Program is a member of The Academy of Psychological Clinical Science, which is a coalition of doctoral training programs that share a common goal of producing and applying scientific knowledge to the assessment, understanding, and amelioration of human problems. Membership in the Academy is granted only after a thorough peer review process. Its membership in the Academy indicates that our program is committed to excellence in scientific training, and to using clinical science as the foundation for designing, implementing, and evaluating assessment and intervention procedures.
Clinical Psychology Faculty
Affiliated Clinical Faculty
Clinical Psychology Labs
- Shawn Cahill – Director of Fear, Exposure and Anxiety Research Lab
- Hobart Davies – Director of Child Stress & Coping Lab
- Bonita Klein-Tasman – Director of Child Neurodevelopment Research Lab
- Christine Larson – Director of Affective Neuroscience Lab
- Han Joo Lee – Director of Anxiety Disorders Lab
- Krista Lisdahl – Director of Neuropsychology (BraIN) Laboratory
- David Osmon – Director of Adult Neuropsychology Research Lab