Applying to the Graduate Certificate Program
Graduate degree and previously-admitted graduate non-degree students who decide to pursue a certificate program must submit the System application before completing 6 credits in the certificate sequence.
Applicants to the Graduate Certificate program must pass a Translation qualifying exam in their language pair to be considered for admission. For more information and to register for the exam, please see the program’s Qualifying Exam information.
Applicants must also apply for non-degree admission. Please see the UWM Graduate School’s Non-Degree Student Application page to begin your application.
Here is our application checklist:
- Must have a minimum 2.75 cumulative undergraduate grade point average;
- Pass the Qualifying Exam;
- Submit UW System Application;
- Submit official academic records (with translation) from Baccalaureate degree;
- Pay $40 Non-U.S. Credential Evaluation Fee for transcripts and degrees from abroad;
- In the space on the application that is reserved for a reasons statement, indicate the first semester you will have or have taken Certificate courses; Reasons for Graduate Study Statement;
- Submit Evidence of English Language Proficiency: a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 83; TOEFL CBT score of 220; or IELTS score of 6.5.
- Declare your intention to the Translation & Interpreting Studies program chair.
Plans of study for each language track in the Graduate Certificate in Translation program can be found on our Graduate Certificate page.
For more information on admissions, please see the UWM Graduate School’s Graduate Certificate Admissions information.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.