The Roberto Hernández Center is committed to ensuring the success of Latinx students at UWM. The Center’s bilingual Multicultural Academic Success Coordinators (MSSC) assist students and their parents with navigating the university environment in a manner that is professional, friendly and culturally sensitive.
Your RHC MSSC provides the following support:
- Assist students with staying on track and building skills to achieve their goals
- Assist students to fully engage by providing referrals to campus resources, including academic advising, mental health counseling, etc.
- Monitor and conduct outreach regarding students’ engagement with campus resources, ensuring referrals are utilized
- Support students basic understanding of university policies and procedures
- Meet with students on an ongoing basis throughout the semester.
Students are encouraged to meet with their RHC MSSC early and often! The MSSCs are available by appointment during regular business hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Please schedule your appointment via the Navigate website.
- RHC Syllabus 22-23
- Frequently Asked Questions – Advising
- Important Dates
- Schedule appointments online at Navigate
- Video: How to Make an Appointment on Navigate
Drop-In Hours – Fall 2022 Semester
Weekly drop-ins are available on Mondays from 1:30 – 3:30 pm via Microsoft Teams or in-person in Bolton Hall 183.
Video: How to Check in for a virtual Drop-in on Navigate
MEET OUR SUCCESS COORDINATORS:
- Gabriela Dorantes serves students whose last names begin with the letters A through L.
- Monica Olague serves students whose last names begin with letters M through Z.