Serving students with last names M through Z
Born in México City and raised in Zacatecas, Zac. México, Dr. Olague joined the Roberto Hernández Center (RHC) at UW-Milwaukee (UWM) in August 2021 as a Multicultural Student Success Coordinator. Mónica came to the USA, specifically to the Medical College of Wisconsin, as an international research fellow. Starting a family cemented her adult life in Wisconsin.
As of late, she has served the Latinx community as a business owner on Milwaukee’s South Side, at La Casa de Esperanza and as a High School Leader of Inclusion in Waukesha. Throughout her life, Mónica has taken her passion to foster engagement and a sense of belonging for all students, with emphasis on those who identify as Latinx, and has amalgamated it with her passion for STEM education and biomedical research. She is involved with several organizations that promote STEM and social education, sustainability, and peace through mediated courageous conversations.
As a first-generation immigrant, Mónica has a commitment to utilize her educational, professional and life experiences for the service and benefit of UWM’s students. Mónica’s pronouns are She/Her/Ella.
- Medical College of Wisconsin: Philosophy Doctor, Biochemistry.
- Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara. Bachelor of Science, General Biology.
- Email: Olaguema@UWM.edu
- Appointments (up to 45 min) can be scheduled via Navigate: https://uwmilwaukee.campus.eab.com/pal/GR-jPPeGfb
- Or 15 min Drop-in sessions on Wednesdays:
- 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM in-person or via Microsoft Teams