Latinx Heritage Month at UWM!
Find us on social media @uwmrhc
Latinx Heritage Month (LHM) at UWM is coordinated by a team of campus stakeholders offering a variety of programs that recognize and celebrate the history, culture and contributions of people of Latinx, Afro-Latinx, Chicanx, Latin American, Caribbean, Spanish and Indigenous descent in the United States.
National Latinx Heritage Month has been observed from September 15th to October 15th in the U.S. since 1988. It takes place during this time period to honor the independence days of several countries, including Cost a Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico and Chile, as well as Día de la Raza, a significant cultural celebration observed in Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Honduras, Mexico, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Please see the link above or the calendar below for a complete list of UWM’s Latinx Heritage Month events. ¡Celebren con nosotros!
Contributors to Latinx Heritage Month at UWM 2019 include:
- Boswell Book Company
- Campus Activities Board
- Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- Inclusive Excellence Center
- Latin American, Caribbean and U.S. Latin@ Studies Program
- Latinx Student Union
- LGBT Resource Center
- Manfred Olsen Planetarium
- Office of Undergraduate Research
- Roberto Hernández Center
- Student Involvement
- Student Success Center
- Studio Arts & Craft Centre
- Union Sociocultural Programming
- UWM Multicultural Offices
- UWM Union Cinema
- Women’s and Gender Studies
- Women’s Resource Center