Serving students with last names A through L
A South Side Milwaukee native, Gabriela (Gaby) joined the Roberto Hernández Center (RHC) at UW-Milwaukee (UWM) in March 2014. Her work as Senior Advisor & Multicultural Student Success Coordinator involves serving under-represented student populations, mostly those who identify as Latinx, with an appreciative and holistic approach. Gaby strives to improve Latinx student success at UWM while supporting the RHC’s presence within the Milwaukee community. She has a passion for justice, equity and the advancement of communities of color & Indigenous communities, including first-generation individuals, especially within higher education. She is involved with local groups & organizations that promote peace, awareness and progress.
Gaby brings a unique understanding of ethnic-identity and cultural awareness via her personal bi-cultural upbringing, lived experience in multi-ethnic school settings, and experiences living and working in México. She is also a proud first-generation college graduate.
Gaby’s pronouns are She/Her/Hers.
- UW-Milwaukee: Master of Science, Cultural Foundations of Community Engagement & Education, Falll2018
- Marquette University: Bachelor of Arts, Broadcasting & Electronic Communication; Spanish Language & Literature, Spring 2010
- Milwaukee Public Schools K-12: Bradley Tech High School, 2006
If you need anything at all please e-mail, call or stop by!
- Please call the RHC to make an appointment (414) 229-6156
- Schedule appointments online at SSC Campus
- Advising Questions, Answers & Forms
- New: RHC Advising Syllabus