In partnership with Candid, the Helen Bader Institute for Nonprofit Management at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee will offer a grant proposal writing workshop as part of its Nonprofit Skills Academy.
In this two-day, fully-online, hands-on workshop, you will learn the main parts of a grant proposal. You will write several of those parts of the proposal during the class and get feedback on them from experts and peers. You’ll also learn how to find potential funders for your project, and you’ll learn what those funders look for in a proposal and what they don’t like to see.
What will you learn?
- Understand how to write a grant proposal for your own project
- Create a basic budget to use in your grant proposal
- Find potential grant funders for your proposal using Foundation Directory
- Learn what grant funders want in a proposal and the biggest red flags from their perspective.
Who should attend?
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
- Grant writers
- All levels of experience
- A 70-page workbook with worksheets and example
- Downloadable templates for preparing your proposal
- Temporary access to Foundation Directory
Note: This workshop is limited exclusively to registrants from nonprofit organizations based in Wisconsin.