The Preventative Maintenance Shop consists of 16 FTE employees that maintain all building system equipment for over 80 UWM facilities on and off the UWM campus. The Preventative Maintenance Shop responds to Service Requests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and classifies every Service Request as urgent.
Our Preventative Maintenance team is responsible for over 2,500 pieces of campus owned equipment. We are frequently the first point of contact in trouble shooting daily issues for the Mechanical (HVAC), Electrical, Plumbing, and Carpentry shops. Our diagnosis helps in prioritizing work for the other shops, or eliminates the need for an additional service call.
- Preventative Maintenance also manages UWM’s full service Sign Shop. Their responsibility is to fabricate and install all interior building signage, as well as some specialty signage.
- Requests for signage requires approval from Campus Planning, but can be initiated through an iServiceDesk request.
- Preventative Maintenance utilizes TMA, Facility Services’ computerized maintenance management system to schedule all maintenance work, as well as track the scheduled maintenance and repairs on all pieces of campus equipment.
- This will help Facility Services prevent breakdowns, and prepare for future equipment replacement.
HVAC and Specialty Equipment
The Preventative Maintenance Shop can offer preventative maintenance services for all HVAC equipment and most specialty departmental equipment.
- This shop maintains over 75 pieces of departmental equipment at this time.
- Maintenance on specialized equipment can save time and money for any department by avoiding breakdowns caused by age and regular use.
Requests to set up a preventive maintenance schedule for departmental equipment can be made through iServiceDesk.
- One of our PM specialists will look at your equipment, and make a recommendation of necessary maintenance items, frequency of service, and cost of the maintenance agreement.
- Through TMA, our administrator will create a PM schedule to automatically generate a work order at the time of your next recommended preventative maintenance service.