If you are a staff member or department that is planning to move offices, this page will outline the proper steps to facilitate a stress free and successful relocation.
A minimum notice of two weeks is preferred when requesting an office relocation.
- Please submit an office move request here.
- If you need a surplus pickup to dispose of unwanted furniture or electronics, please submit one here.
- Information Services will need to relocate computers, transfer voice and data connections. This request will need to be submitted through the UWM Help Desk.
- Notify Mail Services of the change of location at email@example.com.
- Moving boxes will be provided by Facility Services. Please determine how many you will need.
- What types of items need to be disposed? (IT equipment, furniture, recycling, paper, hazardous waste, etc…)
Personnel within departments/operations being moved are responsible for packing their office and personal material into boxes, prior to the scheduled move date.
- Moving boxes will be provided by Facility Services
- The contents of all shelves and furniture (including contents of file cabinets) must be packed in boxes.
- Please label as such:
- Name of individual
- Name of building individual is moving into
- Room number items are to be moved to
- If it is for surplus, write ‘Surplus’