The UWM Electric Shop is responsible for:
- Maintenance and repair of the high voltage distribution system which includes two main substations.
- Maintenance and repair of each building’s low voltage power distribution network from breaker panel to wall outlet.
- Testing and repair of each building’s fire alarm system and emergency generator.
- Repair of each building’s heating and air handling systems, including all motors.
- Installation and repair of specialized systems such as electronic security.
- Maintenance of all interior and exterior lighting systems.
- Supervising and assisting contractors working on campus.
- Directing and coordinating remodeling projects and all new equipment installations.
- Working closely with the campus community to meet their growing research needs.