UWM Faculty Research/Travel Award 2019-20
UW-Milwaukee faculty, both members of CLACS and non-members, who are involved in Latin American related projects*
Award Categories (in order of priorities listed below)
- Original research
- Presentation of paper at professional conference/workshop
- Comparative and cross-disciplinary research projects involving Latin America and the Caribbean
Nature of Awards
The number of awards and their dollar amount will generally be in the range of $250 to $500 and will depend on the project, faculty rank, number of applications, and previous CLACS support.
Application Due Dates
- December 3, 2019 for travel between January 1 (departure) and May 15 (return), 2020
- April 3, 2020 for travel between May 16 (departure) and December 31 (return), 2020
**Note: April award is payable after July 1, 2020.
Awards notification will be approximately two to three weeks after the application due date.
A Complete Application Consists of
- General information, including type of request, proposed travel dates, and destination
- Proposal information (1-2 pages): include a detailed research project description, list organization/institution affiliation(s) and contacts, state research methodology (if applicable), anticipated outcome, and project timeline. If presenting a paper, please include further information and an abstract. Please explain in your proposal how the activity is connected to the CLACS mission.
- Budget information that includes travel logistics and funds expected from other sources
- Uploaded Item(s): current abbreviated 2-3 page curriculum vitae; and a letter confirming acceptance of your paper (if applicable).
* In the event of insufficient funds, applications from assistant professors and from persons not previously funded within one year of the current competition will receive priority.
Funding for this campus-wide competition is made possible through a cooperative arrangement with the Dean of the College of Letters and Science