Early Childhood Leadership: Courses, Credential & Certificate
As an early childhood professional, you have the vision to lead and the passion to succeed. Now, begin your own journey to ignite your fire and become the exceptional leader you are meant to be!
The Leadership Credential consists of a 12-credit sequence of four courses. It provides the building blocks for successful leadership and grows leadership capacity by focusing on skill development, dispositions, new directions, and visionary change. It complements the Administrator Credential (focus on day-to-day operations and management) and the Program Development Credential (focus on program implementation in high quality learning environments). Together, these three credentials provide early care and education professionals at all levels with the knowledge and skills needed to develop and sustain high caliber programs for young children.
The overarching themes for this four-course series include the importance of excellence and diversity in early childhood programs, and the role of vision and reflective practice in reaching these goals.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who wants to lead – including those who have taken other credentials or previous college courses
- Early childhood professionals looking to take their leadership to the next level
- The first course can be taken individually or as part of the Credential/Certificate.
- Courses must be taken in sequential order.
- Courses are offered in a blended format. Location of face-to-face days available throughout Wisconsin.
- Courses are available for undergraduate and graduate credit. A non-credit option is available.
- Credits can be applied to specific UWM degree programs.
- Click on “Course” tab below for full descriptions of each course.
To register for these credit-based courses, contact Shari Vinluan directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tammy Imme UWM-SCE Leadership Credential Participant
T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship Program