Sunday, December 17, 2023
Check-in/Seating starts at 8:30 am
Ceremony starts at 10:00am
APPLY FOR GRADUATION
All bachelor and associate candidates MUST APPLY FOR GRADUATION in order to be able to claim tickets for the commencement ceremony.
Must be on the list as applied for graduation before October 31st to be able to claim tickets.
Please APPLY HERE
*Students that miss the deadline will be able to attend the ceremony however, they will be unable to obtain tickets in the first round of ticketing for their guests*
Arrival & Seating
- Report to the Bachelor’s & Associate’s Check-in area located at the south end, lower level of the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena, 400 W. Kilbourn Ave. starting at 8:30 am (4th Street between State & Kilbourn)
- When you arrive at the Bachelor’s & Associate’s Check-in area make sure you complete a name card/photo card and pick up a printed program.
- The marshals will then inform you which section your school/college is seated. Please report to your school/college section to be seated immediately by the marshals.
- Bachelor and Associate tassels are to be worn on the right side of the cap.
- Photographers will be taking pictures of candidates as they approach the ramp to go on stage as well as while they receive their diploma cover on stage. The photographers will be distributing a contact photo card to students at the arena. Please be sure to complete a contact photo card, it will be used to contact you once your proofs are ready to view and purchase.
- No alcoholic beverages or helium balloons are permitted in the Arena.
Conferring of Degrees
- Listen for directions from your respective deans for instructions on when to rise and be seated.
- Bachelor and Associate candidates will get directions for rising after their degrees are conferred. They will move by complete rows to the side aisles and walk in single file to the stage. Candidates will give their name card to the reader at the top of the ramp and proceed to the center of the stage to receive their diploma cover. Candidates will then return to their seats using the center aisle. Please be seated after returning from the stage.
- It is expected that you remain for the entire ceremony out of courtesy for all graduates.
- The platform party will lead the recessional followed by the faculty and graduates. Marshals will lead students out of their seats to exit the arena.
Congratulations on completing your degree!