The Inclusive Excellence Center (IEC) is committed to cultivating an intercultural, equitable climate and learning environment for all UW-Milwaukee members. The IEC appreciates diversity and strives for excellence in fostering peer-to-peer connections and critically reflective opportunities through initiatives, experiences, and collaborations. The IEC will invest time to create a socially just campus in order to include different perspectives, engage in authentic and challenging dialogue, and connect vibrant and global communities.
The goals of our office are as follows:
- Promote an inclusive campus environment.
- Remain committed to equity as a guiding principal.
- Engage students in intercultural exchange to explore the various dimensions of diversity.
- Provide opportunities to develop the skills required of citizens of global and diverse communities.
- Decrease the number of bias incidents occurring on campus and within the community of UWM.