In addition to hosting events for first generation students, we also provide connections to scholarships, some of which are offered at UWM.
UW – Milwaukee First Generation Student Scholarships:
This scholarship is intended for first-generation college students who are identified as need-based students in pursuit of their first undergraduate degree. The purpose of the scholarship is to lessen the financial burden and improve student retention and graduation rates among first-generation college students. Students can request up to $300 per academic year for text book purchase (paper or digital).
The U1.0 Textbook Scholarship is awarded on a first-come-first-served basis. Deadline to apply is July 31, 2020
- Amount: $2,800 (Summer Research Stipend)
- Junior or senior standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Low-income background
- First generation college student and/or from a TRO-defined “group underrepresented in graduate education” (Black or African American, Hispanic, American Indian, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander)
- Application Deadline: TBD
- Amount: $250 – $2,000
- Full time student
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Wisconsin resident
- Must have applied to or be enrolled in a Wisconsin college/university
- Application Deadline: April 30th, 2020
High School Student Scholarships:
- Amount: Full tuition and ‘qualified educational expenses’ at the recipient’s chosen college institutions (Estimated between $20,000-$50,000 per annum).
- U.S. citizen
- Cumulative GPA of 3.7 or higher
- High School graduating class of 2020
- Early Application Deadline:May 22, 2020 at 12:00PM PT
- Regular Application Deadline:September 11, 2020 at 12:00PM PT
- This portal provides information on institutional scholarships available to UWM students. Now you can fill out one General Application and your School/College’s application (if applicable) to be matched with scholarships! Use your ePanther ID credentials to login.