Re-entry students were once degree-seeking UWM students but have not attended UWM for a full academic year and are ready to return to college to complete their degree. Students returning to UWM can apply here.

We understand that life happens. Sometimes you get pulled in a different direction or just need time to decide what path is best for you. Whatever reason you stepped away, we’re excited you’re back and ready to finish your degree.

NOTE: Students who attended UWM at Waukesha in Fall 2018 or later should:

  • Apply as a re-entry student if they are applying to UWM at Waukesha.
  • Use the internal transfer form if you are an active student at UWM at Waukesha and applying to the Milwaukee campus.

Pounce Back Re-Entry Scholarship

$500 one-time scholarship for full-time returning students.

$250 one-time scholarship for part-time returning students.

More scholarship opportunities can be found in the Panther Scholarship Portal.

Re-entry students enrolling at UWM at Waukesha qualify for a $250 Pounce Back Re-Entry Scholarship.

Applying to UWM as a Re-Entry Student

  1. Submit the UW-System Application

    Submit the UW-System application here.

  2. Submit Official Transcripts From All College or Universities After Leaving UWM

    (If you haven’t attended another institution since leaving UWM, no other documents are required and you can skip this step.)

    Official transcripts can be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions through an approved electronic service such as Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse to, or via U.S. mail to:

    University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Office of Undergraduate Admissions P.O. Box 749 Milwaukee, WI 53201-0749

  3. Activate your ePanther ID

    Each student is given an ePanther ID that will be used to log in to their UWM accounts.

    To activate your ePanther ID, visit the UWM Account Activation website. You will need your Campus ID number to activate your ePanther. You received your Campus ID, along with activation instructions, in an email after you submitted your application to UWM. If you cannot find that information, contact

  4. Check Admissions Portal & PAWS

    After you’ve activated your ePanther ID, there are two UWM accounts you should access and check regularly.

    Admissions Portal is used to:

    • Submit required documents for your application to UWM.
    • Check the status of your application to UWM.
    • View your decision letter. · View contact information for your UWM admissions counselor.
    • Complete your “Intent to Enroll” as your first step to enrolling at UWM.

    PAWS (Panther Access to Web Services) account is used to:

    • Accept your financial aid award(s).
    • Pay tuition and fees.
    • View remaining steps for enrollment to UWM (i.e. housing, placement exams, orientation, etc.).
    • Review transfer credit evaluation.
    • View contact information for your academic advisor.

Frequently Asked Questions

I left UWM because I was academically suspended. How can I be readmitted?

Any student who wishes to return to UWM after departing due to an academic suspension must reapply to UWM as a re-entry student. Students who are interested in returning to UWM prior to the conclusion of their drop period must also obtain approval from the Dean of their former academic unit.

I left UWM with a financial hold on my account. Can I still be readmitted?

Yes, you can still be readmitted to UWM, but you will need to have all holds on your PAWS account removed before you will be able to enroll in courses.

Fill out this form to get in touch with our advisor for re-entry students.