What are the details of the Pay Plan?
How do I change my name, address, telephone number, gender, or emergency contact information?
What is the Portal? Why would I use it?
The Portal, also known as the MyUW Portal, or the Self-Service Portal, is a website that allows you to:
- Read HR, Payroll, and Benefits News
- Access E-Benefits
- Report Time Worked
- Report Absences Taken
- Access Earnings and Tax Statements
- Update Personal Contact Information
- View UW System Career Opportunities
What if I missed the open enrollment deadline and I still need benefits for next year?
- You will need to submit an appeal. Please see the document below for instructions on how to submit an appeal. Appeals will be available to submit until 4/1/2023. It can take up to 1 month to hear if the appeal was approved. This notification will come via email. For additional questions please reach out to benefits.
How do I add a baby / spouse / domestic partner to my insurance?
What is a qualifying life event and the deadline to make insurance changes?
How much leave can be carried to the next year?
- Please see: UW System Policy SYS 1210
How do I see my earnings statement or tax documents?
- Paycheck Distribution
- UWM Portal Information (under revision)
How do I know or change the number of allowances for federal / state tax withholding?
- The current number of allowances for federal & state tax withholding is shown in the tax data box (top right) of your earnings statement.
- Submit a new W-4 form to change the number of allowances for federal and/or state tax withholding.
What positions are open at UWM and how do I apply?
- All available openings at UW-Milwaukee, and instructions for submitting applications, can be found at: jobs.uwm.edu.
(custodial positions are found under “Staff”)
- Available openings at other UW System campuses: Careers at UW.
- Available openings for other state-wide positions: www.wisc.jobs.
How do I apply for public service loan forgiveness?
U.S. Department of Education Federal Student Aid Office
How do I get a letter verifying my employment or income?
Verification of employment, or income, is not handled by the UWM Department of Human Resources, it is handled by UW-Shared Services. Please visit their webpage for instructions on how to obtain verification.
Please also see the Job Applicant FAQ
HRS Access Questions
How can I obtain access to HRS?
- For HRS view-only roles, submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Time/Labor Approvers and/or Payroll Coordinators access is assigned via the Time/Labor Security functionality directly within HRS by divisional staff. Please contact the appropriate Human Resources Business Partner for further assistance.
How do I access HRS?
- For core HRS users the system can be accessed directly via the following URL: https://hrs.wisconsin.edu
- HRS Employee and Manager Self-Service can be accessed via the portal: my.uwm.edu
Why can I no longer access HRS?
- Individual job or position changes (transfer/promotion/termination) will trigger automatic revocation of access within HRS. HRS roles/access will need to be re-provisioned. Send an e-mail to email@example.com for further assistance.
- All core HRS users are required to complete the HRS Security Awareness Course within 60 days of being granted HRS access, as well as on an annual basis. HRS/EPM access, including Employee Self-Service, will be locked for users who do not complete the course/quiz within this specified time period. Once confirmation is received that this security requirement has been met, the UW Service Center will be contacted to unlock access. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
International Staff and Students Questions
Please see the International Staff and Students FAQ