What are the details of the 2019-21 Pay Plan?
How do I change my name, address, telephone number, gender, or emergency contact information?
What is the Portal? Why would I use it?
The Portal, also known as the MyUW Portal, the Self-Service Portal, or my.uwm.edu, is a website that allows you to:
- Read HR, Payroll, and Benefits News
- Access E-Benefits
- Report Time Worked
- Report Absences Taken
- Access Earnings and Tax Statements
- Update Personal Contact Information
- View UW System Career Opportunities
Who is my benefits specialist?
Please see the Benefits Client List.
How do I add a baby / spouse / domestic partner to my insurance?
What is a qualifying life event and the deadline to make insurance changes?
How much leave can be carried to the next year?
- UW System: Leave Benefits Summary
How do I see my earnings statement / tax information?
How do I know or change the number of allowances for federal / state tax withholding?
- The current number of allowances for federal & state tax withholding is shown in the tax data box (top right) of your earnings statement.
- Submit a new W-4 form to change the number of allowances for federal and/or state tax withholding.
What positions are open at UWM and how do I apply?
- All available openings at UW-Milwaukee, and instructions for submitting applications, can be found at: jobs.uwm.edu.
(custodial positions are found under “Staff”)
Please also see our Job Applicant FAQ
- Available openings at other UW System campuses: Careers at UW.
- Available openings for other state-wide positions: www.wisc.jobs.
How do I apply for public service loan forgiveness?
How do I get a letter verifying my employment or income?
Verification of employment, or income, is not handled by the UWM Department of Human Resources, it is handled by the UW Service Center. Please visit their webpage for instructions on how to obtain verification.
HRS Access Questions
How can I obtain access to HRS?
- For HRS view-only roles, submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Time/Labor Approvers and/or Payroll Coordinators access is assigned via the Time/Labor Security functionality directly within HRS by divisional staff. Please contact the appropriate Personnel Representative for further assistance.
How do I access HRS?
Why can I no longer access HRS?
- Individual job or position changes (transfer/promotion/termination) will trigger automatic revocation of access within HRS. HRS roles/access will need to be re-provisioned. Send an e-mail to email@example.com for further assistance.
- All core HRS users are required to complete the HRS Security Awareness Course within 60 days of being granted HRS access, as well as on an annual basis. HRS/EPM access, including Employee Self-Service, will be locked for users who do not complete the course/quiz within this specified time period. Once confirmation is received that this security requirement has been met, the UW Service Center will be contacted to unlock access. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
International Staff and Students Questions
Do I have to file my taxes?
What is GLACIER?
- GLACIER is an online tax compliance system designed to allow institutions to efficiently and effectively collect information, make tax residency and income tax treaty determinations, manage paperwork, maintain data, and file reporting statements with the IRS.
Do I qualify for treaty?
- Complete your GLACIER account to determine if you qualify for treaty.
When will my scholarship/award be paid?
- Scholarships are paid on the first of the month and are directly deposited into a U.S. banking account after all paperwork is received and processed by HR. Heavy processing periods will increase that timeframe.