UWM’s Atmospheric Science program is a leader in weather and climate education and research.
Our major and unique experiential learning programs will provide you with the knowledge and hands-on experiences to set you apart after graduation. Learn real-life forecasting skills. Explore the effects of acid rain during a faculty-led study-abroad to Mexico. Make new discoveries through research.
We prioritize student development and inclusivity in all that we do. Check out our programs and contact the Atmospheric Science program chair with any questions you may have.
Get Career Ready
Atmospheric Science students can enhance what they learn in classroom through internships and research opportunities. Students in any of our programs can engage in a wide range of atmospheric and climate research, and many have received international accolades for their work.
Our faculty have a stellar track record at helping students find their dream jobs in research, operations, academia or the private sector.
- Atmospheric Science Alumnus Lands Prestigious NCAR FellowshipUW-Milwaukee alumnus Austin Harris has wanted to be a meteorologist since age 8. Originally from Oklahoma City, his doctoral and postdoctoral work with UWM’s Atmospheric Science Distinguished Professor Paul Roebber helped … Read more
- Wisconsin Examiner Speaks with Meteorological Professor about Climate Change and Extreme WeatherWisconsin is part of the global trend of recent heat waves. UWM Atmospheric Sciences Professor Clark Evans shares how a new method of computer modeling is being used for heat … Read more
- ‘Perfect storm’ giving Milwaukee some of the worst air quality in the world, Milwaukee Journal SentinelJon Kahl, a professor of atmospheric sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, talked about a perfect storm of polluted air in Wisconsin due to wildfires.
- Oct6October 6, 2023, 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Oct13October 13, 2023, 3:00pm - 5:00pm