Hi FPM Staff,
There will be an online Town Hall Tomorrow, Thursday, June 25 at 9am for all faculty and staff to provide an update on the Fall 2020 plans and answer questions. If you are unable to attend at the designated time, the event will be recorded and you may access it at a later time. I encourage all FPM staff to attend or access the information later. Details on the Town Hall can be found here:
Last week a message was sent from campus to share the plans for Fall 2020.
Some of the main decisions include:
- Face coverings and six feet of social distancing will be required, with exceptions such as in private offices or residence hall rooms.
- Students and employees are expected to monitor their health, watch for symptoms and stay home if they are sick.
- Buildings remain closed through July 31. However, about 1,000 people are currently approved to be on our campuses at different times to perform essential functions. To allow even more people to return, we will use a phased approach to resume operations.
- We do not expect all employees to work on site during the fall semester.
- Buildings are being modified to direct traffic flow and include plexiglass in high-traffic areas.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies will be provided for occupant use in office spaces and classrooms.
- Prioritized cleaning will occur for high-touch areas, bathrooms and classrooms.
- UWM will allow face to face instruction within the constraints of social distancing and other public health guidelines, balanced with a wide array of online options.
- Student housing assignments will be made largely as they have in the past, with single and double rooms.
- Some housing units will be reserved for isolation space for exposed or infected residential students who do not have alternative housing options.
Please visit the following page for all the details:
Supervisors – please contact your staff to verify they are aware of the information in this email and to address any questions staff may have. If there are questions you are unable to answer, please reach out.
Thank you all for your continued dedication, expertise, hard work and support of health and safety measures during this time.