Whether you’re already a higher education instructor or looking to break into teaching at the college level, this multidisciplinary, 15-credit graduate certificate from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee will set you apart from the competition.
While many graduate programs train students to become experts in their fields, few focus on the tools needed to succeed in the classroom. This certificate will ensure you have a deeper understanding of the research and theory behind teaching and learning, a real asset for your students — and your career.
Why Choose Our Program?
- Internationally known faculty at Wisconsin’s most diverse university.
- Small class sizes that allow you to really get to know your professors and classmates.
- Unbeatable flexibility — classes meet once a week, alternating weeks and online (you can even do the entire program online).
- Rewarding career opportunities teaching at universities, vocational and technical colleges, or in adult continuing education programs.
Check the job titles of ACHEA graduates:
Stay in Touch with Us
We post job announcements and opportunities on our social media.
Program Overview & Requirements
Academic Catalog Requirements Sheet
- Visit the Academic Catalog webpage linked above, then click on the Print Options link in the lower right hand column
- Click the Download Page (PDF) link
- Print or save the condensed program requirements document
2 in 1: Earn A Master’s Degree & Certificate
At the UW-Milwaukee School of Education Department of Administrative Leadership, you can earn a Master’s degree and a certificate, individually or at the same time. These offerings are perfect for anyone looking to advance their career in higher education, adult and continuing education, and for educators in the healthcare field.
Note: You must complete an application (including the application fee) for both programs.
Program Admission Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree prior to admission, must have a minimum 2.75 cumulative undergraduate grade point average, and must declare their intent to pursue the certificate before completion of six credits in the certificate sequence.
- Applicants with a graduate degree must have a minimum 3.00 graduate grade point average.
- Applicants not already admitted to the Graduate School must complete the UWM Graduate School Online Admission Application. Select “Graduate courses for personal/professional enrichment” as your reason for applying.