The primary mission of the Consulting Office for Research and Evaluation (CORE) is to assist others with the design and analyses associated with research or evaluation projects.
CORE is an invaluable resource for anyone seeking help with their: research design, evaluation design, statistical analysis, instrument/survey development, psychometric analyses, data processing and database design, and statistical and analytical software training.
Representative Consulting Projects
- Evaluating the Milwaukee Mathematics Partnership, in which we worked to demonstrate the impact of this NSF funded project on increasing student achievement in mathematics in the Milwaukee Public School District.
- Developing the Numerical Understanding of Medicine Instrument (NUMi), a project funded by NIH and the American Cancer Society to design a measure of health numeracy in the adult population which can be used to facilitate communication between physicians and their patients.
- Collaborating with the Center for Self-Sufficiency on the external evaluation of multiple projects across the country that are designed to help improve relationship skills of teenagers and adults.
- Collaborating with the College of Engineering & Applied Science at UWM to explore the impact of instructional interventions on improving the retention and graduation rates of underrepresented students in CEAS.
- Working with the Wisconsin Department of Instruction to investigate how schools in the state plan to implement the new federal mandate, Response to Intervention (RtI).
Dr. Razia Azen
Professor and Director
CORE is staffed by doctoral candidates who work in close consultation with the following faculty members:
Dr. Razia Azen
Dr. Raji Swaminathan
Dr. Bo Zhang
Consulting Office for Research & Evaluation
School of Education
Enderis Hall, 238
University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
P.O. Box 413
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0413