Tight-Knit Community. Unparalleled Location. Impressive Outcomes.
UWM’s College of Engineering & Applied Science leverages top research university credentials with Wisconsin’s career-building location and brings together a close-knit, supportive community of engineering and computer science students and faculty. Strong industry partnerships, dynamic research opportunities and a rich and rigorous academic foundation are a few of the reasons our students are sought out in their fields.
Why Choose the College of Engineering & Applied Science?
93% of our undergraduates have paid work-related experiences
Whether a summer internship or co-op during the academic year or undergraduate research with top faculty, hands-on, career-building experiences outside of the classroom assure our engineering and computer science students are well prepared when they graduate. Our dedicated career services department and two engineering and computer science career fairs a year help facilitate great outcomes.
Engineering and Computer Science Programs That Stand Out
Microsoft CEO and UWM Alum Satya Nadella and His Wife Anu Donated $2M to UWM to Support Diversity in Tech
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella (’90 MS Computer Science) and his wife Anu donated $2 million to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in June 2021 to create the Fund for Diversity in Tech Education at UWM. The fund supports efforts to recruit, retain and graduate undergrads from marginalized and underserved communities, preparing them with the skills to pursue careers in computer science, data science and information technology.
(Homepage photo: Associate Dean Ethan Munson, Satya Nadella and Dean Brett Peters)
91% of Engineering and Computer Science Undergrads Land a Job or Commit to Graduate School Before Graduation.*
We encourage our students to get involved in resume-building experiences outside the classroom, whether participating in one of the more than 30 student organizations for engineers and computer scientists, taking on an internship or co-op or working with top faculty on research, even as an undergraduate.
*UWM First Destination Survey, December 2019
College of Engineering & Applied Science Virtual Tour
Get to know our college from the comfort and convenience of home with our virtual campus tour.
Our 360-degree virtual tour allows you to imagine yourself in our engineering and computer science labs and classrooms on our main campus, located just five minutes from Lake Michigan and 10 minutes from downtown.
- UWM Research Foundation teams Engineering, Geosciences, Biological Sciences to develop emerging PFAS removal strategyThe UWM Research Foundation has awarded seed funding to three UWM faculty members to develop an emerging strategy—the use of bioreactors—to help safely remove per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) from … Read more
- ABET accredits 8 engineering and computer science programs at UWM, adding Biomedical to the groupABET (the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) recently accredited UWM’s Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering Program, offered through the College of Engineering & Applied Science. In addition, ABET … Read more
- Sep23September 23, 2021, 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Oct1October 1, 2021, 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Oct8October 8, 2021, 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Oct8October 8, 2021, 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Oct28October 28, 2021, 6:00pm - 8:00pm