There are many benefits to staying connected with our college and a network of 12,000+ College of Engineering & Applied Science alumni across the country. Your connection to the past and support for the future keeps our college vibrant and relevant.
Join a great and growing group of your peers! Enjoy social and support activities with others who share your commitment to the college. Your time commitment is a few hours every few months. Your membership in the UWM Alumni Association is complimentary. The current virtual platform provides expanded opportunities for you to get involved from anywhere in the world. Sign up with the Alumni Chapter here.
Attend the annual Milwaukee Engineering Research Conference, judge the Student Research Poster Competition, join or support the Milwaukee Engineer team for the 5K Panther Prowl Run/Walk. Questions about events?
You’re in great company with these accomplished alumni from the College of Engineering & Applied Science:
- Satya Nadella (’90 MS Computer Science), Microsoft CEO
- Carrie Bristoll-Groll (’94 BS Civil Engineering), principal civil engineer and CEO of Stormwater Solutions Engineering
- John Kissinger (’79 BS Civil Engineering), GRAEF President and CEO
- Alan Kulwicki (’77 BS Mechanical Engineering), NASCAR Hall of Fame member, 1992 Nascar Cup Series champion driver and team owner
- Scott Yanoff (’93 BS Computer Science), developer of one of the world’s first search engines, called the “Yanoff List”
Receive the latest news from the college regarding research, student initiatives, alumni colleagues and more. We’d love to hear about your news, too.
- Donor spotlight: civil engineering alumnus Lawrence SivakThank you to Lawrence E. Sivak (’71 BS Civil Engineering) for his generous support of UWM’s College of Engineering & Applied Science and the UWM Foundation. His donation was part of the colleges New Frontiers in Research campaign, which seeks to raise $5 million so students can learn from the … Read more
- Join the Milwaukee Engineer Team for the 2021 Panther ProwlJoin our Milwaukee Engineer teamThe 2021 Panther Prowl 5k run/walk will take place on Saturday, October 9 at 10 am CDT. Choose to participate either in-person on UWM's campus, or virtually so all of you Prowlers can participate no matter where you live! All proceeds from the 2021 Panther Prowl will benefit the UWM Alumni Association’s Panther … Read more
- Alumnus John Kissinger receives high honors for contributions to engineering profession and dedication to student educationGRAEF President and CEO John Kissinger was recently selected by the American Society of Civil Engineers to receive the prestigious 2021 Edmund Friedman Professional Recognition award. This annual award is presented to only one individual in the country who has substantially contributed to the science and profession of engineering. Kissinger … Read more
- From TMJ4: $2 million gift to UWM to create scholarships for Milwaukee high school students and increase diversity in tech educationA July 29 WTMJ story—“$2 million gift to UWM to create scholarships for Milwaukee students and increase diversity in tech education”—highlighted the importance of a recent gift to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee from Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella (’90 MS Computer Science) and his wife Anu. In June, the couple donated … Read more
- Alumnus David Metzger, transportation engineer, receives Lifetime Achievement AwardCongratulations to Milwaukee native and alumnus David Metzger (’85 MS Transportation Engineering, ’84 BS Civil Engineering) who in June received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Northeast Tennessee Tourism Association. Metzger is the transportation engineer for Bristol, TN, and the award recognizes his outstanding work on detailed traffic plans that … Read more
- Engineering alumna builds a business in sustainable stormwater managementCarrie Bristoll-Groll (BS Civil Engineering,’94) is the principal civil engineer and CEO of Stormwater Solutions Engineering. She founded the firm in 2002 to specialize in the treatment, storage and safe passage of stormwater. In this profile, she talks about why her niche business took off, her foray into the residential marked, … Read more
- Satya Nadella—alumnus and Microsoft CEO—and wife Anu donate $2M to UWM to increase diversity in tech educationMicrosoft CEO Satya Nadella (’90 MS Computer Science) and his wife Anu donated $2 million to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in June to create the Fund for Diversity in Tech Education at UWM. The fund will support efforts to recruit, retain and graduate undergrads from marginalized and underserved communities, preparing … Read more
- Congratulations to Molly Gribb (PhD Civil Engineering ’93, MS Civil Engineering ’88)Congratulations to Molly Gribb (PhD Civil Engineering ’93, MS Civil Engineering ’88) who was named in May as dean to both Bradley University’s Caterpillar College of Engineering and Technology as well as its Foster College of Business. She will be the first woman to oversee either college at this Illinois … Read more
- The nation’s top ROTC cadet is a UWM mechanical engineering alumnusA recent UWM mechanical engineering graduate is being honored as the top Army ROTC cadet in the nation. Douglas Machkovech, who graduated in December 2020, is the first-ever member of the Golden Eagle Battalion to receive this honor, according to Lt. Col. Ioannis Kiriazis, professor of military science at Marquette. … Read more
- Alumnus cites top 2 traits that fueled lifetime of success as a Milwaukee EngineerWith 50 years of engineering work behind him, Dennis Webb (‘71 BS Materials Engineering)—a major donor to UWM and its College of Engineering & Applied Science—is clear about the two traits most responsible for his success in Milwaukee’s engineering community. The Milwaukee native has no intention of easing up on … Read more