There are many benefits to staying connected with our college and a network of 12,000+ College of Engineering & Applied Science alumni across the country. Your connection to the past and support for the future keeps our college vibrant and relevant.
Join a great and growing group of your peers! Enjoy social and support activities with others who share your commitment to the college. Your membership in the UWM Alumni Association is complimentary. The current virtual platform provides expanded opportunities for you to get involved from anywhere in the world. Sign up to learn more here.
Attend the annual Milwaukee Engineering Research Conference, judge the Student Research Poster Competition, join or support the Milwaukee Engineer team for the 5K Panther Prowl Run/Walk. Questions about events?
You’re in great company with these accomplished alumni from the College of Engineering & Applied Science:
- Satya Nadella (’90 MS Computer Science), Microsoft CEO
- Carrie Bristoll-Groll (’94 BS Civil Engineering), principal civil engineer and CEO of Stormwater Solutions Engineering
- John Kissinger (’79 BS Civil Engineering), GRAEF President and CEO
- Alan Kulwicki (’77 BS Mechanical Engineering), NASCAR Hall of Fame member, 1992 Nascar Cup Series champion driver and team owner
- Scott Yanoff (’93 BS Computer Science), developer of one of the world’s first search engines, called the “Yanoff List”
Receive the latest news from the college regarding research, student initiatives, alumni colleagues and more. We’d love to hear about your news, too.
- Alumnus Jeff Kautzer named winner of the 2022 GE Edison Award for GE HealthCareCongratulations to Jeff Kautzer (MS Electrical Engineering ’83, BS Electrical Engineering ’81), a long-time adjunct instructor in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at UWM and chief electrical engineer, GM Imaging Hardware Platforms, at GE HealthCare. Kautzer, who holds 30 patents, recently received the 2022 GE Edison Award for career contributions … Read more
- Alumnus Satya Nadella leads Microsoft to No. 1 spot in ranking of best-managed U.S. companiesCongratulations to UWM alumnus and Microsoft chairman and CEO Satya Nadella (’90 MS Computer Science). The Wall Street journal reported that Drucker Institute (a unit of Claremont Graduate School) ranked Microsoft No. 1 in their annual Management Top 250 ranking. The institute has ranked the tech giant as the best-run … Read more
- Alumnus’s start-up now listed as one of fastest growing companies in U.S.Entrepreneur Jesse DePinto (’13 BS Mechanical Engineering) co-founded Frontdesk in 2017, a privately held company that rents short-term accommodations to travelers in 34 U.S. cities. In August, he assumed the role of CEO. The company’s recent headlines include being listed on the Inc. 5000 list, marking it as one the … Read more
- Ben Caya, Dennis Webb named as 2023 Alumni Award WinnersCongratulations to College of Engineering & Applied Science alumni Ben Caya and Dennis Webb. The two are among the 13 individuals and organizations chosen by the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Alumni Association to receive awards in recognition of their outstanding contributions to the university and community. All honorees will be officially … Read more
- Alumna talks about the positive impact of buying used clothingMarissa Jablonski (‘15 PhD Civil & Environmental Engineering, ’09 MS Civil & Environmental Engineering) discussed the impact of buying used clothes, with TMJ-4. Jablonski is executive director of the Freshwater Collaborative of Wisconsin. "When you think about the production of a new T-shirt, it uses about 2,700 liters of water," … Read more
- 3 UWM civil engineering alumni in the newsShelly Billingsley (’00 BS Civil Engineering) was recently appointed director of Kenosha County’s Department of Public Works. In this position, she oversees the divisions of facilities, highways, planning and development, parks and golf. Billingsley holds an MBA from UW-Parkside and is vice president of the Wisconsin Chapter of the American … Read more
- Donor spotlight: Curtis C. and Maureen E. LueckWhen he was an engineering student at UWM, Dr. Curtis Lueck, P.E. (MS ’77, BS ’75) found a mentor in his thesis advisor, Edward Beimborn, now a professor emerit, civil & environmental engineering. Beimborn, Curtis said, strongly influenced his education and career and provided the foundation for his professional success. … Read more
- UWM Alumni Association features Jablonski in Master ChatsMarissa Jablonski (‘15 PhD Civil & Environmental Engineering, ’09 MS Civil & Environmental Engineering) was the featured speaker at the UWM Alumni Association’s Master Chats on Sept. 7 at the Lubar Entrepreneurship Center and UWM Welcome Center. Jablonski’s talk was titled “Environmental Impact: From the Individua to the World.” She … Read more
- Alumni business instrumental in building of Lake Country Hounds baseball stadiumAlum Jim Jendusa (’87 BS civil engineering, ’92 MS structural engineering), was involved in the design and construction of the new Wisconsin Brewing Company Park in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin that recently opened in May, 2022, home to the Lake Country Dock Hounds. Jendusa Design & Engineering acted as both architect and … Read more
- American Foundry Society presents Best Paper awards to 3 current UWM students, 2 alumni, 1 professorResearch coming out of the UWM Foundry Lab was recognized nationally with top honors at CastExpo 2022, held in Columbus, Ohio in April. Congratulations to members of the two research teams who won the following two Best Paper awards. Best Paper, Molding Methods & Materials Division Hannah Ullberg (’21 BS … Read more
- Linsmeier, Otieno, Rosenthal named to list of 2022 Notable Women in EngineeringThe BizTimes Milwaukee named two of the college's alumnae and one current professor to their list of 2022 Notable Women in Engineering. Congratulations to (pictured L-R): Kristi Linsmeier, environmental engineering group leader for Milwaukee-based The Sigma GroupWilkistar Otieno, chair and associate professor, industrial & manufacturing engineeringLori Rosenthal, vice president, principal, … Read more
- Donor spotlight: Beth Gonia establishes scholarship for environmental engineering studentsThank you to Beth Gonia for her generous support of undergraduate students pursuing environmental engineering at UWM’s College of Engineering & Applied Science. Beth recently established the Michael P. Gonia Memorial Scholarship in memory of her husband of 48 years, Michael (Mike) Gonia (pictured), a Bay View native, civil engineer … Read more