The Global Educator Certificate prepares future teachers to integrate global content and approaches into their professional practice.
Due to the increasing diversity and international nature of today’s classrooms, teachers are at the forefront of educating for global competence. With the Global Educator Certificate, you can become an important advocate and ambassador in your school and the community.
Students who have completed this 15-credit undergraduate
certificate will be able to:
- Demonstrate their own awareness of the interconnectedness between communities, societies, economies, and events and trends that cross national borders.
- Embed global perspectives and practices into their teaching.
- Prepare students to become model global citizens who are culturally sensitive and informed about world affairs.
- Develop students’ understanding of different cultures and languages, enhancing their ability to communicate across cultures.
- Create scholarship that engages in critical inquiry, creativity and intellectual development and includes world trends, issues and events; past, present and into the future.
Why Choose Our Program?
- Only certificate of its kind in Wisconsin.
- Minimal additional credits needed. Working with your advisor, you can easily fit the required coursework into your current undergraduate degree requirements.
- Eligible for pre-service teacher education degree students.
- Field experiences with United Nations international learning curriculum with MPS K-8 schools.
- Gain practical hands-on experience both at UWM and in the
community with partner organizations.
For more information or questions about the program and admissions.
Undergraduate Certificate Program Requirements
Graduate Certificate Program Requirements
Academic Catalog Requirements Sheet
- Visit the Academic Catalog webpage linked above, then click on the Print Options link in the lower right hand column
- Click the Download Page (PDF) link
- Print or save the condensed program requirements document