The Center for 21st Century Studies (C21) has for more than 50 years been committed to fostering innovative research at the intersection of the humanities, arts and sciences and supporting University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee faculty and graduate students. In keeping with this mission C21 is collecting statements of solidarity issued by UWM departments, centers, and schools in response to the recent Black Lives Matter protests in the wake of the killing of George Floyd. We will update this list as we learn of more. For posterity, we have also included the full text of each statement on our blog.
- Department of French, Italian, and Comparative Literature
- Global Studies
- International Studies
- Jewish Studies
- MA in Language, Literature & Translation (MALLT)
- Public History
- Religious Studies
- Translation & Interpreting Studies
- Women’s and Gender Studies Faculty and TA Mentor
- Anne Dressel, Center for Global Health Equity
- Timothy Ehlinger, Wm. Collins Kohler Chair in Systems Change & Peacebuilding
- Laura Hermanns, Assistant Director-Center for Global Health Equity; Partnerships Coordinator-Peacebuilding programs
- Joanne Lipo Zovic, Faculty Associate in the Masters of Sustainable Peacebuilding Program.
- Lynne M. Woehrle, Program Director, Master of Sustainable Peacebuilding and Certificate in Peace and Conflict Studies
See also the statement made by the Consortium of Humanities Centers and Institutes, of which C21 is a member.